The Dustbinmen

Now I know it's dated but I've seen that The Dustbinmen is very reasonable on the Network site, is it worth a punt?

What's it about?

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 6th July 2015, 11:30 AM BST

What's it about?

There is a clue in the title. Need I say more? :D

I reckon Aaron would enjoy it and it is probably sitting pride of place on his DVD rack.

I remember that Trevor Bannister, later of Are You Being Served? fame played a lead role as a womaniser. I imagine that it is very dated in every sense now. I mean, we don't even refer to Dustbinmen now do we? They are Refuse Collectors or whatever. Might be worth a punt for curiosity value only.

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 6th July 2015, 11:30 AM BST

What's it about?

Quote: marac @ 6th July 2015, 4:27 PM BST

There is a clue in the title. Need I say more? :D

I've a feeling that he had an inkling.

Quote: Stig Stigson @ 6th July 2015, 7:52 PM BST

I remember that Trevor Bannister, later of Are You Being Served? fame played a lead role as a womaniser.

Heavy Breathing.

I do indeed own a copy, but to my shame have never watched it!

Given the writer and stars of the show, I think if it's of interest to you then you should definitely take that punt.

I think I'll put it on my list. I've watched a couple of part episodes on that YouTube thingy and it seemed OK if a little dated.

Excellent! Do let us know what you think. :)

Earthier than Queenie's Castle (about 2 years later) but more populist than Curry & Chips (just slightly later) - ITV comedies from this same period.

Got this for Christmas as well, my thoughts are, the 1st series is quite weak. When Brian Wilde came in for the 2nd and 3rd series, things started to pick up a bit and gotten better, good series, not amazing, but good. Trevor Bannister plays a similar character here to the one in AYBS

Quote: Wheel @ 27th December 2020, 7:48 PM

Got this for Christmas as well, my thoughts are, the 1st series is quite weak. When Brian Wilde came in for the 2nd and 3rd series, things started to pick up a bit and gotten better, good series, not amazing, but good. Trevor Bannister plays a similar character here to the one in AYBS

This was before he was in "Are you being served" though.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th December 2020, 10:06 PM

This was before he was in "Are you being served" though.

Yep, this was 1969-1970 and AYBS didn't start until 1972.

It was probably a good free audition for the ladies man character they wanted for AYBS. Don't know a thing about this sitcom but I cannot imagine Brian Wilde as a bin man. :S Was he the depot manager or similar?

I only remember watching this a couple of times because it was on ITV and my Dad didn't really approve.