Class Dismissed, CBBC Page 5

Quote: StephenM @ 19th June 2015, 11:34 AM BST

They said in my e-mail over 1000 sketches were submitted - that's more than the average Newsjack week! From the T&C and e-mail 120 were in the longlist and 24 made it through to the producers. Alas they didn't say how many were in the shortlist but somewhere between those two numbers!

Good spot! Didn't see that long list number. I'm very happy to have made the shortlist in that case.

Those Ts&Cs also say:
"If a selected entrant cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the BBC reserves the right to offer a place on the shortlist to the next best entry."
So time to kidnap a few of the 24. In a nice way :)

Well done everyone! We got the short list email but not through to the producers. Very pleased though and nice encouraging email.

Am I'm the only one who didn't make the shortlist and just got plain kicked-in-the-plums rejected?
I was happy with my stuff, it even made the kids laugh.
It may be time to get an ice cream van. Anybody want to sell 99s with me?

Mike.

A few short-listers on here - congratulations / commiserations to all.

And Mike - Carl Cooper of TSWYW producer fame (and a few other things) started off selling ice creams so it's a proven career pth.

Quote: StephenM @ 19th June 2015, 12:03 PM BST

And Mike - Carl Cooper of TSWYW producer fame (and a few other things) started off selling ice creams so it's a proven career pth.

He rejected me too!

:D

Quote: mikemcc @ 19th June 2015, 11:58 AM BST

Am I'm the only one who didn't make the shortlist and just got plain kicked-in-the-plums rejected?
I was happy with my stuff, it even made the kids laugh.
It may be time to get an ice cream van. Anybody want to sell 99s with me?

Mike.

I missed the call out, so failed before you did... But I've seen this message, so I'm in (provided it's a Mr Whippy)

Quote: Judgement Dave @ 19th June 2015, 12:06 PM BST

I missed the call out, so failed before you did... But I've seen this message, so I'm in (provided it's a Mr Whippy)

:D

They responded on twitter:
462 submissions - well over 1000 sketches.
24 sketches by 19 writers made the final list sent to producers.
An additional 30 writers made the initial shortlist.

So if you were shortlisted you're in the top 10-11%!

Also Initial Shortlist 120+ sketches.
Shortlist 50+
Producers 24+

I fell at the first hurdle, unfortunately.

My problem (apart from not being funny enough) is it takes me a long time to polish a sketch. The Show What You Wrote 2 was good to me (5 sketches recorded) because I had longer to expand on the ideas, but Newsjack- 8 oneliners in the last three series and no sketches.

In fact, I'm just putting the finishing touches to sketch I started six months ago- should just be about ready for the next series of TSWYW!

Well done to everyone who got the the long/short list.

Well done all who got shortlisted, very good going to have even got that far.

Quote: andysteph81 @ 19th June 2015, 6:08 PM BST

I fell at the first hurdle, unfortunately.

My problem (apart from not being funny enough) is it takes me a long time to polish a sketch. The Show What You Wrote 2 was good to me (5 sketches recorded) because I had longer to expand on the ideas, but Newsjack- 8 oneliners in the last three series and no sketches.

5 sketches recorded for TSWYW! Damn, that's awesome! You don't get to complain! :)

Very interesting to see how many people were on the longlist, shortlist and beyond.

Anyone want to post their sketches in critique? I suddenly feel shy about posting my own stuff.

Hi all! Not sure what to do. I submitted to this initiative but have not heard anything back at all. My status on the e-submission page still says In Progress. Bummed that I don't even get a rejection email! Has anyone else had this?

Quote: Guggser @ 20th June 2015, 12:41 PM BST

Hi all! Not sure what to do. I submitted to this initiative but have not heard anything back at all. My status on the e-submission page still says In Progress. Bummed that I don't even get a rejection email! Has anyone else had this?

Hi - might be best to tweet bbc writersroom - they're usually quick at responding - you might be one of the lucky chosen few!

Re the "in progress" - all mine say that even though I've had all the emails.

Good luck!

Ah Thanks for replying. I'll try tweeting on Monday as I doubt they'll be open over the weekend. I had a stupid amount of hope there for a minute because my submission said: In Progress. Depressing that I seem to have been overlooked. :)