Cooking

Hi guys

Always loved stand up comedy but never tried it, got some free time on my hands at the moment so thought I would give it a go, this us my first 'official' joke

Wondered if it has any potential so please be honest!

I didn't do very well at school, the only class I was top off was cooking. Being in bottom you were seen as Heston Blumenthal if you managed to get through the lesson without setting fire to the teacher.
So when my fellow students saw I could cool a simple, decent meal in a few minutes they thought I was destined for greatness. I mean who doesn't love microwaved kebabs every week?

Quote: dcfcfan4eva @ 8th June 2015, 5:42 PM BST

Hi guys

Always loved stand up comedy but never tried it, got some free time on my hands at the moment so thought I would give it a go, this us my first 'official' joke

Wondered if it has any potential so please be honest!

I didn't do very well at school, the only class I was top off was cooking. Being in bottom you were seen as Heston Blumenthal if you managed to get through the lesson without setting fire to the teacher.
So when my fellow students saw I could cool a simple, decent meal in a few minutes they thought I was destined for greatness. I mean who doesn't love microwaved kebabs every week?

The joke does have potential but it might be funnier if you trimmed it and re-jigged it a little.

"I didn't do well at school, the only thing I had any success at was cooking. In my first term I came top of the class - cos I was the only one who hadn't set the kitchen on fire."

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th June 2015, 9:44 PM BST

The joke does have potential but it might be funnier if you trimmed it and re-jigged it a little.

"I didn't do well at school, the only thing I had any success at was cooking. In my first term I came top of the class - cos I was the only one who hadn't set the kitchen on fire."

Thanks for the critique,that's great! :)