Russell Brand Page 4

me too, apparently he's that rare standup who went from his first open mike to headliner almost overnight.

Quote: New Puritan @ 2nd June 2015, 11:29 PM BST

Perhaps after the election results were in and the polls were so far off the mark I guess Russ was right all along. There really is no point in voting.

Surely the actual message is that there's no point in polling. Voting is *definitely* how governments get in, not voting is *definitely* not.

By the way, good name!

Quote: Lee @ 3rd June 2015, 8:16 AM BST

Did anyone ever watch his show on one of the early obscure digital channels, uk play our something where he would bath with a tramp or suduce an old woman? It's hard to believe this man was on drugs!

Oh yeah, I wrote about that on my blog recently:

http://www.curiousbritishtelly.co.uk/2015/05/rebrand.html

Quote: zooo @ 3rd June 2015, 9:33 AM BST

He was so amazing on that. I watched that and not Big Brother.

I used to write down stuff he said on that and try and use it at work the next day.

Good read Ben!

Did you try to sit on peoples' laps too?

Quote: zooo @ 3rd June 2015, 11:30 PM BST

Did you try to sit on peoples' laps too?

No, but I shall endeavour to try that this afternoon!

Quote: gappy @ 3rd June 2015, 1:13 PM BST

Surely the actual message is that there's no point in polling. Voting is *definitely* how governments get in, not voting is *definitely* not.

By the way, good name!

Yes, good point. I suppose I mean that if you are Welsh or Scottish, then there is no point in voting.

The username is the work of Mark Edward Smith and stolen by me. Thanks anyway.

He is a hypocritical wanker. Such a narcissist I do wonder if he ever listens to anyone except himself.

Quote: New Puritan @ 6th June 2015, 1:03 PM BST

Yes, good point. I suppose I mean that if you are Welsh or Scottish, then there is no point in voting.

Well, we shall see how the SNP cohort affect the next4 years. Interesting times.

PS You stole it! Notebooks out, plagiarists ;)

Quote: Chappers @ 7th June 2015, 7:29 PM BST

He is a hypocritical wanker. Such a narcissist I do wonder if he ever listens to anyone except himself.

Now I'm confused are you talking Russle Brand or personifying the SNP ?
Cameron, Salmond, Brand have all been accused of Narcissum. But not Charles Kennedy - he's the man Nicola Sturgeon could have been, had she not wanted power.
Scotland

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 8th June 2015, 1:47 PM BST

Now I'm confused are you talking Russle Brand or personifying the SNP ?

Possibly talking about Mark E Smith Laughing out loud

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 8th June 2015, 1:47 PM BST

Now I'm confused are you talking Russle Brand?

Yes - him!

Quote: gappy @ 8th June 2015, 6:58 PM BST

Possibly talking about Mark E Smith Laughing out loud

Well he is a genius.

I went to see Russell Brand do a charity gig in his hometown - Grays, Essex - in February and it was a lot of fun.

Only a couple of bits of new material, mostly a greatest hits set and lots of audience interaction. He stuck around for ages afterwards, so I got to meet him very briefly. Just gutted I didn't have a pen to get an autograph.

And I even saw his Mum and Dad who were there. And Mr Gee!

I find it hard to take Buddhist seriously as people. I don't wanna hear bout your nirvana. Seriously though what is that accent?

Essex! With a splash of Dot Cotton.