Russell Brand Page 3

Quote: Badhead @ July 3 2010, 11:23 PM BST

People in America did not like him

You're talking about the same Brand now taking lead roles in Hollywood comedies, right? Just making sure.

He's not for me. Okay in small doses, but I've had enough small doses of him to last me a lifetime.

He's excellent in Get Him To The Greek

Until I read his book I just didnt get him at all but once I read booky wooky I just think he is the man now

I miss his Radio 2 show.
It was a brilliant bit of broadcasting.
I still listen to an old podcast from time to time.

I've been listening to his AudioBoom podcast series recently and it's excellent stuff. Some really big big laughs in there.

I never listened to his Radio 2 show back in the day, but I've been catching up on them and they're bloody hilarious too.

Matt Morgan is an excellent co-host too. Really love their interaction.

better than the Trews?

I've only seen one episode of The Trews and I weren't sure what to make of it. His conviction is very strong, as always, but I'm not sure his political ideals are made of much more than dust and magic.

Aren't all creative types like that Ben?

He used to be really funny between 2006-2009, as soon as he went to America he lost it. Brand X was terrible, his films were ok and Messiah Complex had some interesting ideas but he is nowhere near as funny as he used to be. His radio 6 and 2 radio shows were hilarious, his podcast now his trying to recapture the essence of his old shows but its not the same.

Quote: Byron D @ 31st May 2015, 7:00 PM BST

He used to be really funny between 2006-2009, as soon as he went to America he lost it. Brand X was terrible, his films were ok and Messiah Complex had some interesting ideas but he is nowhere near as funny as he used to be. His radio 6 and 2 radio shows were hilarious, his podcast now his trying to recapture the essence of his old shows but its not the same.

Yes, I think his thirst for fame in films probably set him back a bit in the long run.

I've found the new podcast hilarious though. Maybe not as good as the previous ones, but they were all done when he was in his ascendancy.

I hope he does more radio in future as I think that's his best medium.

Perhaps after the election results were in and the polls were so far off the mark I guess Russ was right all along. There really is no point in voting.

Quote: Byron D @ 31st May 2015, 7:00 PM BST

Yehthat's seems to be it.

I seem to remember flicking onto an ancient Big Brothers Big Mouth and there was just this awesomely funny guy.

Just very natural and good timing.

By the time of Sachsgate he was already a bit tired and bullying.

And Brand X, gah. He invited the Westbro Baptist Church on and they just utterly owned him, like corporations and our government.

Did anyone ever watch his show on one of the early obscure digital channels, uk play our something where he would bath with a tramp or suduce an old woman? It's hard to believe this man was on drugs!

I didn't watch it then, but have seen them on YouTube. They are... insane.

Quote: sootyj @ 3rd June 2015, 7:51 AM BST

I seem to remember flicking onto an ancient Big Brothers Big Mouth and there was just this awesomely funny guy.

Just very natural and good timing.

He was so amazing on that. I watched that and not Big Brother.