Still Game Page 14

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th October 2014, 10:13 AM GMT

Ahh, the Barras in Glasgow - spent many a happy hour wandering around the place. Glad to know it is still thriving. :)

I thought the characters from chewin' the fat were based on you . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T5K1HxEBCU

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 28th October 2014, 10:29 AM GMT

I thought the characters from chewin' the fat were based on you . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T5K1HxEBCU

Hoots! Love it, and love the accents. :D

Will this be on "normal" TV for those that can't get BBC Scotland?

Rather unlikely, as the sitcom proper never was. BBC One Scotland is available nationwide on Sky though, and I'd hope Virgin might similarly carry it, if you're a customer of theirs.

Otherwise, it's iPlayer. Or just concede that it's a heavily cut-down 60-minute version and wait for the full-length DVD, now priced at £13.50 on Amazon.

See Amazon product listing

Quote: Aaron @ 7th November 2014, 1:52 PM GMT

Rather unlikely, as the sitcom proper never was. BBC One Scotland is available nationwide on Sky though, and I'd hope Virgin might similarly carry it, if you're a customer of theirs.

Otherwise, it's iPlayer. Or just concede that it's a heavily cut-down 60-minute version and wait for the full-length DVD, now priced at £13.50 on Amazon.

Wonder if anyone bit at the dubious £25+ initial asking price for the DVD.

BBC One Scotland is available on Virgin too.

Quote: Craig H @ 7th November 2014, 3:08 PM GMT

Wonder if anyone bit at the dubious £25+ initial asking price for the DVD.

Almost certainly. A lot of people are still happy to pay that kind of price in-store.

Rather unlikely, as the sitcom proper never was.

Pretty sure the sitcom got a network airing in the last couple of series, although no I don't expect the live show to get a network airing . . .

Bugger, I have neither.

Much better price.

Quite a bit cut out, but then it's less than half the show . . . the start of the broadcast show is actually about 20 minutes in and all of the other characters were reintroduced before Jack and Victor . . .

As I stay in Glasgow I can relate pretty much to all of what goes on in this show. Tickets for the show which was a sell out for about 20 nights were about £30 upwards, so they made a good few quid from that.

I do like Still Game but I am not a massive fan, there are usually a good few laughs during the TV series

Now I am no prude and can swear with the best of them but the opening scene was just swearing for the sake of it, totally unnecessary. These guys are better than this.The last scene with the song as well was littered with the word bastard. Why, totally unnecessary and not even slightly funny. It is not even shock value as the word was repeated constantly.

Swearing can be funny if used in the correct context, but for me a bit unnecessary

Overall the show was good fun and had a few really good moments. Don't think I will be buying the DVD though

The Still Game series was brilliant.

The stage show was pretty disappointing I imagine only the novelty of seeing the show live will atone for its disappointments.

Just a wee heads up for any fans of this show. There is programme on BBC1 Scotland tonight at 10.pm about the making of Still Game. If you have SKY or Virgin you may be able to get this, if you are outwith Scotland.

"Sniff mah mahnky ring!"

Here's to Pete the Jakey.

Sad news.

R.I.P.

Quote: smc4761 @ 31st December 2014, 7:01 PM GMT

Just a wee heads up for any fans of this show. There is programme on BBC1 Scotland tonight at 10.pm about the making of Still Game. If you have SKY or Virgin you may be able to get this, if you are outwith Scotland.

Thanks for that - should be able to get it on Virgin. One thing.......please, no Yank sayings - "heads up" Sick