DVD Exchange

Don't know if this is going to go anywhere but on the assumption that we all have fairly sizeable DVD collections, the chances are that maybe there's several that have only ever been watched once and are now gathering dust. So here's a thought that may or may not appeal. Why don't we exchange them between ourselves. I reckon to make the idea workable, all you have to do is list the ones you want to exchange in your biography and let BSG members know about it in a thread.

Naturally enough there are a couple of Swedish classics that I wouldn't want to part with including the highly acclaimed comedy 'Kiss My Whip', if only because I'm a bit of an old romantic.

So that's the deal. Just swaps, no money and everyone gets what they want - or do they?

Five Years Later - Baumski, "It was just an idea I had on a shitty little forum, I had no idea it would make me a millionaire."

Sounds good. Although I'm phasing out my DVD collection and going with HDD storage, I don't want to end up like I did with VHS, drowning in hundreds of tapes and hating their inferior quality!

And what, pray tell, happens if your HDD dies? Nooooooooo way I'm risking that one. *strokes his precious DVD collection* My pretties...

Wel....d..v.dd jum...p an..d freezzzzzzzzzz, eve.n thouugh you ta...kke go..od care o.f theemm...

I say stick with what you know. OK, DVD might get you when you fly but it's got to be better than all those kids being proscribed HDD.

I think dvds are o.k, but it's just the thought of having a library's worth seems to scare me, which is strange because it used to excite me?

Also I have Sky with UK Gold and Paramount and buying dvds when their on all the time just feels wrong to me.

But I still like your idea Baumski, as I do have a lot of DVDs. And for the time being I'm sticking with them.

No way I'm going with HD until the format war is settled, the prices come down to reasonable levels, I've bought a HDTV and Sky stop charging an extra £10 a month for the privilege of watching the same shows.

Apart from that I'm in!

We're talking about Hard Drive Storage not High def.

Doh!! Don't know where my brain is!!

Quote: Leevil @ March 13, 2007, 1:25 PM

Also I have Sky with UK Gold and Paramount and buying dvds when their on all the time just feels wrong to me.

Very true. And that's why, as a poor student-type, unless there's something I really want and have to have, I only buy stuff which isn't shown much or at all.

And in regards to HD, I can't wait until they try and pass off an HD release of Fawlty Towers. I know HD has been around since before Fawlty Towers, but programmes most certainly were not made in it!