I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,737

Quote: A Horseradish @ 20th May 2015, 12:05 AM BST

As for the other point raised, children's rights must come before any rights of an adult. That is the key point - and it applies to every sphere of life.

Nobody is arguing against child protection.
But who can forget the protests where a paediatrician's home got attacked,
following the News of the World's/ Sun's 'name and shame' campaign.

The tone of the debate is not reasonable. It is also not conducive to the creation of reasonable law. Paranoia and hatred are never a good guide.

Quote: keewik @ 20th May 2015, 12:14 AM BST

????

No it wasn't a question or four questions.

It was a very clear statement of fact . :D

Quote: zooo @ 20th May 2015, 12:06 AM BST

Pithy is my middle name.

It was a cake. With Bert and Ernie on. I think they've made twats of themselves making such a big fuss over it. I don't know how engaging the discussion of that needs to get. ;)

Yes, it was a Bert and Ernie cake.
But it prominently included a slogan: 'Support Gay Marriage'.

Sure, you can say the bakers are religious and petty.
But are they any more petty or zealous than the gay guy who runs to the lawyers over a cake? :)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 20th May 2015, 12:11 AM BST

I didn't know it was a Bert and Ernie cake. I like Bert and Ernie. If it was a religious position, it does annoy me that it's always religion that is involved in these sorts of conflicts. Because actually the more fundamental point is the insistence that individuals have to get things right as most people perceive them. Most individuals get most things wrong most of the time. That's the human condition.

Well, it was in Northern Ireland. What do you think?
But you need to divorce the principle from the religion.
I'm an atheist myself, but I can see their point.

They don't want to produce a cake stating 'Support Gay Marriage'.
So a guy (sorry, the victim Teary ) runs off to his lawyers and the court says they must do what he wants. Hmm.
That'll never look right to me.

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 20th May 2015, 12:24 AM BST

Yes, it was a Bert and Ernie cake.
But it prominently included a slogan: 'Support Gay Marriage'.

Sure, you can say the bakers are religious and petty.
But are they any more petty or zealous than the gay guy who runs to the lawyers over a cake? :)

I'm really fed up with the cake now. I am single these days and could have a lodger to bring in some cash but I don't want anyone having sex under my roof if I'm not having sex under my roof. I also don't want any bankers, politicians, economists, more stereotypical forms of lout, prissy overly clean types and a whole lot more besides. I couldn't care less what the colour of their skin is or their gender or their sexual orientation. I'm also irked at single supplements in hotels. They are totally outrageous.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 20th May 2015, 12:32 AM BST

I'm really fed up with the cake now. I am single these days and could have a lodger to bring in some cash but I don't want anyone having sex under my roof if I'm not having sex under my roof. I also don't want any bankers, politicians, economists, more stereotypical forms of lout, prissy overly clean types and a whole lot more besides. I couldn't care less what the colour of their skin is or their gender or their sexual orientation. I'm also irked at single supplements in hotels. They are totally outrageous.

I'm shocked.
You anti-banker-ist, you!

Hello, hello? Is this sue-a-radish.com ?
Yes, I have a pressing matter to pursue.... :D

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 20th May 2015, 12:39 AM BST

I'm shocked.
You anti-banker-ist, you!

Hello, hello? Is this sue-a-radish.com ?
Yes, I have a pressing matter to pursue.... :D

Yes indeed and although I wouldn't ideally discriminate against people born in Zurich, compulsive cake munchers and four-day-a-week schwimmers, I have no alternative because all of those things are against my religion Shakermormonism which I invented for myself just an hour ago. You can oppose all you like but your paragraphs will be forwarded to Sharon who is responsible for my own personal law and that is above any so-called national boundary. They will then go direct to the section named "Omnipotence" and be dealt with according to whatever I choose to have for my breakfast. So there!

Quote: A Horseradish @ 20th May 2015, 12:49 AM BST

Yes indeed and although I wouldn't ideally discriminate against people born in Zurich, compulsive cake munchers and four-day-a-week schwimmers, I have no alternative because all of those things are against my religion Shakermormonism which I invented for myself just an hour ago. You can oppose all you like but your paragraphs will be forwarded to Sharon who is responsible for my own personal law and that is above any so-called national boundary. They will then go direct to the section named "Omnipotence" and be dealt with according to whatever I choose to have for my breakfast. So there!

So just to summarise;
It's Shakermoronism, right? :)

But yes, I like the idea of creating one's own religion.
I too I'm toying with the creation of the Gussic Faith.
The only true faith, of course.

Naturally, I intend to be on the militant side and go on the rampage with a few mates of mine, establishing the hardline Gussic State (or GS on the news) in the border area between England and Scotland.
Should make for interesting times. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-32760651

Geri Halliwell has got married to Red Bull F1 boss Christian Horner. He is now officially the 6th member of the band - Old Spice.

He's younger than her.

That gobshyte is in my local paper again:

http://bazonline.ch/panorama/261-prominente-Verdaechtige-im-Missbrauchsskandal/story/29458259

Is it me or did everyone else miss the United Nations closing down?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 20th May 2015, 8:34 PM BST

That gobshyte is in my local paper again:

http://bazonline.ch/panorama/261-prominente-Verdaechtige-im-Missbrauchsskandal/story/29458259

Yep, he's definitely famous in Basel now, our Jimmy.
Mind, I find it such hard work to read the BAZ.
Being in Baselduetsch one always has to read it so slowly...

Might as well have given him the keys to his local brewery.........

Former footballer Paul Gascoigne has won £188,250 in phone-hacking damages from Mirror Group Newspapers.

:O >_< :S

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st May 2015, 1:14 PM BST

Might as well have given him the keys to his local brewery.........

Former footballer Paul Gascoigne has won £188,250 in phone-hacking damages from Mirror Group Newspapers.

:O >_< :S

Why the :O >_< :S?

Shock Horror Probe