Channel 4 Comedy Lab deadline 31.10.08 Page 7

Quote: Griff @ January 8 2009, 6:27 PM GMT

Yay! I just got my rejection email. Now I'm happy.

well done griff ;)

Congrats Griff! I'm well chuffed for you!

;)

Dan

Here's my rejection. I presume it's a mail merge thingamejig. The subject title was the title of my script so I got a bit excited until I opened the email.

Dear Al,

Many thanks for sending us your comedy lab entry to consider for the next series. Unfortunately it's not something we felt was right for selection, so sorry to kick the year off with disappointing news. If it's any consolation there were over 2,000 entries from which we have to pick 7, so needless to say the competition is very stiff and the decisions were pretty tough.

Please do plug away with your future ideas and one day you'll prove us to be the idiots we must be for making such a terrible decision this time around.

Best of luck with all your comedy endeavours,

C. Lab

By the way, is anyone actually disappointed they got rejected? Isn't this the sort of thing we should be striving for as writers? Or is it, as someone mentioned, more geared to performers? I'm slightly annoyed I wasn't one of the lucky 0.35% as my script must have been parade piss poor as some of the Comedy Lab stuff over the past few years has been abysmal.

Quote: Griff @ January 8 2009, 9:08 PM GMT

I actually thought my entry might have been so bad that they weren't even going to acknowledge it with a response. So to get the same rejection email as everyone else is quite heartening.

Huh. I didn't get anything. Still, I was really happy for a few hours when I thought I had a shot, and that was nice. Feel really bleak. I'm going to go away and ruminate on this.....need to come up with some sort of plan for myself.

I got the rejection email too.

Shame, the idea I submitted is bloody brilliant!

Have they only been sending out rejection e-mails for the last few series? I entered in 2003 and didn't get any response.

I have been waiting for my rejection but I haven't had one so by now I reckon I am not rejected! Hey!

:D smug or what..