8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Series 6

New six-part run starting tonight at 9pm! Love this show but so disappointed that we haven't seen any normal 8 Out Of 10 Cats series this year yet.

I was hoping for a 10th Anniversary 8 Out Of 10 Cats special a few months ago.

They're recording another 12 episodes of this between the end of May and the beginning of July - have they given up on the normal version altogether?

No. Countdown is still on every day.

Quote: cwickham @ 21st May 2015, 9:22 PM BST

They're recording another 12 episodes of this between the end of May and the beginning of July - have they given up on the normal version altogether?

Yes I noticed, the more the merrier I say. I love the Countdown episodes! I think they might just do the normal Cats one series a year now, I mean the Countdown episodes get more viewers so Channel 4 have obviously commissioned more of those over the normal series.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd May 2015, 2:02 PM BST

No. Countdown is still on every day.

Laughing out loud

One or the other as far as I am concerned - watched this a couple of times and just found it silly.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd May 2015, 12:03 PM BST

One or the other as far as I am concerned - watched this a couple of times and just found it silly.

Which is exactly why I like it. It's the best TV celeb quiz and you also get the chance to play.

I'm a big fan of "Catsdown". I did enjoy '8 Out Of 10 Cats', but perhaps it did start to get a little stale. I believe the addition of Rachel Riley to any show format would increase viewing figures dramatically.

It's a shame Joe Wilkinson doesn't do his guest spots anymore, I always found his absurd brand of humour to be quite amusing.

Quote: madhatter @ 8th June 2015, 10:16 AM BST

It's a shame Joe Wilkinson doesn't do his guest spots anymore, I always found his absurd brand of humour to be quite amusing.

Who needs Joe when we can have Sean eat a bunch of whelks (and it's somehow funnier than Joe's ever been on the show)? Smarmy

Joe was annoying on this
Much rather Alex Horne or even Nick Helm

Incredibly that's now two 9 letter words for Lee Mack in about 4 episodes. I don't even remember anyone else ever getting one on Cats does Countdown. Maybe Jon once though his 9 letter attempts are usually just made up crap. Anyone know?

Quote: Agnostik @ 11th June 2015, 12:12 AM BST

Who needs Joe when we can have Sean eat a bunch of whelks (and it's somehow funnier than Joe's ever been on the show)? Smarmy

That was amazing.
I wonder if the charity actually got the £10,000. Isn't that what they said?

Why isn't Jon on at the moment? Is he on a 6 month honeymoon or something.

I believe he may indeed have been on honeymoon when the current few episodes were filmed, yes. I think they may film 2 episodes a day in blocks of 2 or 3 days a time, hence being a smattering of episodes across the series rather than just one or two.

Ahh, I see.
Bloody weddings, ruining everything! *shakes fist*

Quote: zooo @ 24th June 2015, 9:00 PM BST

Ahh, I see.
Bloody weddings, ruining everything! *shakes fist*

Your time will come zooo. At least you managed to make a lucky escape!