Car Share Page 4

Episode two was quite enjoyable but a little niggly. The singing has to stop and the dogging joke was exhausted after a few minutes.

The BBC must pay out some hefty royalties for the amount of music played on the show.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 2nd May 2015, 12:53 AM BST

Episode two was quite enjoyable but a little niggly. The singing has to stop and the dogging joke was exhausted after a few minutes.

The BBC must pay out some hefty royalties for the amount of music played on the show.

In that case, I want my money back! :D

They have a flat rate for use, so it's probably not too steep.

Just watched ep 1 and it was quite good, nice atmos and a few good gags. Well structured when there's ostensibly nothing to talk about. The piss came far too early, though - I'd have left that till ep 2, it didn't really make sense in light of their relationship.

Kay is very good in those sort of roles.

Didn't really dig this.

Very risky having only 2 main characters in one tiny setting.

Raised the odd grin in parts but overall, disappointed.

Would much prefer a Max & Paddy reunion!

Agree with this. Maybe as a one off reference gag but to make it the backbone running gag of the show just didn't work, seemed a bit lazy.
Still liking it though, am holding fire on the singing as last weeks fitted in, this weeks not so much but maybe it's there to give us an insight into her personality, she keeps mentioning running off etc so we are lead to believe she wants more than shes got at the moment.

I really like it, I did catch Episode 3 last weekend and enjoyed it. Like many others, I'd love to see a Max and Paddy reunion but this is certainly good enough for now.

I do find the music videos a bit out of place though.

I must have liked it a more than I thougth, because I just watched ep 2. Good stuff, although I agree with everythign said above, about the dogging being stretched out far far too long. Although I disagree with some of you in another way, because I abhorred Max & Paddy.

Enjoyable 30 minutes - although I always love comedies where nothing happens, it's just a quirk of my tastes. I loved the lines "Now 48" and "they put it through as cress", they both cracked me up. Quite reminiscent of the humour of some of the lines in series 1 of "The Mimic".

Interesting note: although the opening credits call this "Car Share", iPlayer calls it "Peter Kay's Car Share".

Quote: gappy @ 3rd May 2015, 12:54 PM BST

Enjoyable 30 minutes - although I always love comedies where nothing happens, it's just a quirk of my tastes.

Mine too. We are under-catered for.

Not a Peter Kay fan, but this was very enjoyable.

I like it. Some daft, funny lines.

I think it's a good return to the setting and themes that I like Peter Kay best in. Sian Gibson is also a very funny and likeable co-star.

A reasonable way to spend half an hour. Not laugh out loud funny, just two folk forced together for a time, reminds me of the trips up and down the motorway as a fitter's mate. We'd talk about any old crap just to avoid silence and the odd little gem might crop up.

Could be a lot worse - could have been Corden :O

I watched the first episode, thinking I would like it (I normally like Peter Kay).

However, I can confidently say that I will not be watching the second episode.

I would even go as far as to say that I hated it.

Really enjoyed tonight's, the best so far and Reece Shearsmith was hilarious. Fab soundtrack too.

Another very enjoyable episode.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 6th May 2015, 10:25 PM BST

Really enjoyed tonight's, the best so far and Reece Shearsmith was hilarious. Fab soundtrack too.

Haven't seen it yet. But the soundtrack is something that a show like this can really utilise and made to be memorable.