W1A Page 4

Why are they using the theme tune from Animal Magic?

Good to see the gorgeous Sarah Parish even though she is playing a grumpy old cow.

Quote: Tursiops @ 29th April 2015, 3:48 PM BST

The laughs are very much laughs of recognition, and there are plenty of them. Morton has always been an excellent observer.

What, pray, are 'laughs of recognition'?
Today I saw something on TV which I recognised. Did I laugh? No.

Again, we get a mention of something being excellently observed.
But how does a precise observation make a joke in itself?

Quote: Chappers @ 30th April 2015, 10:50 PM BST

Good to see the gorgeous Sarah Parish even though she is playing a grumpy old cow.

I'm sorry, but I need to ask this.
Why is it good to see a certain actor or actress?

I happen to have liked Peter Kay on stage. It doesn't mean it is 'good to see him' in 'Car Share'.
He's either good in something worthwhile, or not.
I don't want to see him just for the sake of it.
As it was, after 'Car Share' I may never want to see him again.

My apologies for being a grump.

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 30th April 2015, 11:45 PM BST

Why is it good to see a certain actor or actress?

Because he fancies her rotten and clearly likes her style. :)

Quote: Aaron @ 30th April 2015, 11:50 PM BST

Because he fancies her rotten and clearly likes her style. :)

:O

Quote: Chappers @ 1st May 2015, 12:04 AM BST

:O

I see. It's Chappers' personal fetish.
So be it. I'll let him off there.

For a moment I feared he was saying something positive about this abomination of a programme...

Distraught from the "next time on W1A" that the Hancock portrait (which I also have in my living room) is removed to make way for the Strictly people . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 1st May 2015, 1:06 AM BST

Distraught from the "next time on W1A" that the Hancock portrait (which I also have in my living room) is removed to make way for the Strictly people . . .

THAT bothers you about this programme?
Oh, you lucky sod....

I meant it makes it worthwhile watching. yes - it is a bit strained, a bit smartarse and not actually funny as such. We've had this type of programme too much now.

It's just not barbed enough, but hey, what would you expect from a comedy by the BBC poking fun at the BBC?!

On another note is that bloody Siobhan blithely fobbed me off with "get over it" in a meeting I would be sorely tempted to punch her lights out!

Ep 2 was better, but still essentially the same jokes about nothing of any import.

No, yes, no, brilliant.

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 30th April 2015, 11:45 PM BST

My apologies for being a grump.

It's your schtick; if you feel the need to apologise for it I would get a new routine.

Quote: Tursiops @ 4th May 2015, 12:43 AM BST

It's your schtick; if you feel the need to apologise for it I would get a new routine.

Er?

(Scratches head wearing confused expression.)

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 4th May 2015, 1:20 AM BST

Er?

(Scratches head wearing confused expression.)

If you hate W1A so much my would be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRMIM1ygKpg

Life's too short, find something you do enjoy and chill, bro'.

:)

I see.
Apologies all round.
I was under the delusion that the purpose of the forum was to encourage the expression of opinion regarding comedies.
But you've opened my eyes to the fact that it's meant as a receptacle for praise.

So yes, you're right of course. Unless I lurve it, I guess I best keep my trap shut - and chill. :)

Quote: Gussie Fink Nottle @ 4th May 2015, 2:46 PM BST

I see.
Apologies all round.
I was under the delusion that the purpose of the forum was to encourage the expression of opinion regarding comedies.
But you've opened my eyes to the fact that it's meant as a receptacle for praise.

So yes, you're right of course. Unless I lurve it, I guess I best keep my trap shut - and chill. :)

Only joshing with you Gussie, although I do think you've expressed your opinion pretty well already, I don't think there's anyone in doubt about what you think of the programme. ;)