Inside No. 9 - Series 2 Page 10

Yes - I enjoyed it but didn't find the ending as scary as maybe was intended.

SPOILERS...

The part where he turned around to find him in the cot was the scariest bit for me. And the blue demon at the beginning, before we knew it was a prank show - bugger me, that was horrible.

SPOILER.

What about the smoke from Alison Steadman's mouth?

She always does that.

Great stuff, and Daisy from Downton was brill as the young fan.

SPOILER

I loved the beginning best, that was really scary...and Alison Steadman's demonic voice.
The ending, when the child snarled at the TV monitor, reminded me of the ending in Paranormal Activity...now that was a scary film.

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th April 2015, 11:18 AM BST

Agreed.
The ending was weak and without enough twist.
Obviously he couldn't get away with it - but I think it needed something smarter than just the daughter finding out and telling the mum.

Did think someone was going to get stabbed in the head. The birthday poem taking on a different meaning at the end was kind of a twist.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ 30th April 2015, 2:15 PM BST

The birthday poem taking on a different meaning at the end

That was really nicely done.

Great episode to round the series off, but I did feel as though the ending didn't quite close things as neatly as other episodes in the run.

Such a shame it's all over now. Hope it comes back for a third run.

The FX at the start were really good and they were a little soggy at the end.

But meh close enough to perfection is good enough

Haven't watched the last one so I'm coming in blind
But my favourites so far are Sheridans Knickers or whatever it was called & that OCD one
The call centre one I found a bit dull & pointless
The witch one was nice enough in a silly way
And I can't remember the other
Oh yes the train one. that was alright although I might have preferred it without a shit in a box, but then how many times have I said that before.

I didn't enjoy that episode much. It felt like one big inside joke for TV folk. The beginning was genuinely scary though.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 30th April 2015, 8:10 PM BST

It felt like one big inside joke for TV folk.

I get that, and found Madam Talbot's luvvieness a bit tiring after a while; and yes, the ending wasn't what it could have been, but I still enjoyed this episode a lot.

I especially liked the way the demon (Dan Starkey I believe) acted out of character while in full make-up.

I've enjoyed all of these.

In 6 episodes there's been more invention, surprise and suspense than in a whole year's worth of Hollywood films or UK TV.

Rolling eyes this

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 1st May 2015, 9:45 AM BST

I've enjoyed all of these.

In 6 episodes there's been more invention, surprise and suspense than in a whole year's worth of Hollywood films or UK TV.

Oh yes, it's easily been one of the best British shows in a long, long time.