Inside No. 9 - Series 2 Page 9

I suppose it was her daughter finding out that prompted her to leave him there and then, otherwise it did seem a bit of a knee-jerk reaction without discussing it.

Agreed.
The ending was weak and without enough twist.
Obviously he couldn't get away with it - but I think it needed something smarter than just the daughter finding out and telling the mum.

I was personally surprised that a strip-o-gram company would go to the effort of buying an actual ambulance service vehicle to drive round in. :P :P

Quote: gappy @ 26th April 2015, 11:28 AM BST

I was personally surprised that a strip-o-gram company would go to the effort of buying an actual ambulance service vehicle to drive round in. :P :P

That's one of the most astutest points I've ever heard.

Quote: Agnostik @ 25th April 2015, 8:09 PM BST

Not only the knife, but also the candles before that. :) The flash-forward with the ambulance at the beginning makes you imagine all kinds of possibilities and keeps you on the edge throughout the episode. Gotta love the fact that even that same ambulance turned out to be fake!

When it arrived without a sign on the top I should've realised.

Quote: Nogget @ 24th April 2015, 8:05 PM BST

This week's felt like a League sketch, but padded out.

Padded out?

Wow, I thought it was tight as a drum, not a moment of the 27 minutes wasted, so many stories going on under the surface, with little glimpses into each character's backstory. I thought it was a superbly written episode with some good laughs.

IMHO, this series has been excellent, probably surpassing the overall quality of series 1, although the near silent, art theft episode is probably still my favourite.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 26th April 2015, 4:45 PM BST

Padded out?

Wow, I thought it was tight as a drum, not a moment of the 27 minutes wasted,

Padded out, yes, that's how it felt to me. For example, I found the running obsessive/compulsive 'gag' uninteresting, after the initial reveal; and I wouldn't have missed much of the interplay between the drunk auntie and her niece being cut.

But don't get me wrong, I still laughed out loud in places.

IMHO, this series has been excellent, probably surpassing the overall quality of series 1, although the near silent, art theft episode is probably still my favourite.

I thought they've all been good, although the first one felt very tedious initially.

of series 1, although the near silent, art theft episode is probably still my favourite.

Yes from me, with 12 Days of Christine neck and neck - still haunts me that one going over it in my head. Superb piece of writing.

This.

They're an amazing writing duo and I can't wait to see what they do next.

Is there a series 3 planned?

It really is, to me anyway, the only 'can't miss' programme in a long while, (alright, not counting Downton and Call the Midwife Whistling nnocently )

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 26th April 2015, 8:57 PM BST

It really is, to me anyway, the only 'can't miss' programme in a long while, (alright, not counting Downton and Call the Midwife Whistling nnocently )

You are not alone. :D My wife watches Midwife and we both love Downton, but the next series is going to be the last I understand. :(

Another enjoyable romp but the ending felt a little anti climatic. Maybe it's because there's been so many last minute twists in previous episodes.

Just starting to watch these - 12 Days Of Christine was excellent, the witchfinder one was funny although I sort of guessed the outcome.

When 'ee did throw forth 'is curdle.

Bloody brilliant. Some very scary parts in that.
It better get another series.

That was cracking, a very nice blend of proper old school scary ghost story, with some very sly wit and a lot of twists.

Usually making TV about TV is pure wank, but this was pure gold.

Reminesent of Ghost Watch in a good way.