Car Share Page 2

Are they ever going to broadcast this? I thought it was going to be on iPlayer on 1st April so I went on there to find absolutely nothing! I have now read up it is due later this month on iPlayer.

I'll believe it when I see it. Looking forward to watching it all the same though.

Couldn't get it via iPlayer on my TV but got it fine online. Mixed feelings about the show itself. Some good parts but overall a little disappointing.

Gentle but enjoyable.
Very warm-hearted.
(Just watched Ep.1 on-line)

Quote: Lazzard @ 25th April 2015, 3:26 PM BST

Gentle but enjoyable.
Very warm-hearted.
(Just watched Ep.1 on-line)

Yes I agree. I'm a big fan of Peter's past work and this is definitely worth a look, I managed to watch the first two episodes on iPlayer last night and I really enjoyed them, it was nice to see Archie Kelly from Phoenix Nights make an appearance in the second episode too.

I have just watched Eps 1 and 2. The soundtrack is great and there are some funny moments, especially the radio adverts. Saying that, I really do think that Spikey and Fitzmaurice must have contributed an awful lot to Phoenix Nights though as it was far superior to this.

It's not about being better than Phoenix, it's a different type of comedy.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th April 2015, 2:59 PM BST

It's not about being better than Phoenix, it's a different type of comedy.

It's a valid comparison. Get off my case.

Not sure what you mean. Anything can be better or worse than any other show. You seem to me to want a different show though!

It's the same as the Father Ted writers or similar. If it was easy to write a show as good, it would just get done, but Phoenix Nights and Father Ted were so long ago, sad to say...

Is Peter Kay even credited as one of the writers?

He isn't on this site's description of the show.

Quote: Nick @ 27th April 2015, 11:22 AM BST

Is Peter Kay even credited as one of the writers?

He isn't on this site's description of the show.

He and Sian are credited (in the credits) as co-writers after Paul Coleman and Tim Reid, so presumably that's from imrpov during rehearsal.

Quote: G180e @ 25th April 2015, 3:33 PM BST

Yes I agree. I'm a big fan of Peter's past work and this is definitely worth a look, I managed to watch the first two episodes on iPlayer last night and I really enjoyed them, it was nice to see Archie Kelly from Phoenix Nights make an appearance in the second episode too.

Peter Kay has not written anything good since Dave and Neil fell out with him over taking too much credit for their writing when he accepted an award in 2005 without even mentioning them. As Neil Fitzmaurice said at the time, fame affects people in different ways but Peter should remember Phoenix Nights is not his show it's mine and Dave's too. The only thing he wrote that was half funny is Max & Paddy's Road To Nowhere but that was 11 years ago now and he never did the Series 2 that was promised for 2006. Bar that I cannot stand the bloated has-been no more. Christ knows how he still has loyal fans still with so little output.

He needs to clean his back window.
They've got the shit local radio ads down perfectly.

Just watched it.
Two folks talking irrelevant twaddle while in a car.
Hmmm. Hilarious.

This it sitcom? What's the situation and what is the comedy?

Not a laugh in site. Not a smirk.
But it's so realistic. So well observed. Rolling eyes

It's 'The Royle family' in a car.

I'd be happy to see it crushed.

All I've caught is the last 10 minutes last night but really enjoyed it. Nice humour to it and I loved the bit where Kayleigh went off into a daydream about being on stage belting out....was it Anastasia?? She reminds me of a young Julie Walters.
I'll definitely tune in next week.

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2015, 9:49 PM BST

He needs to clean his back window.

:D I know. Looks like he's got yogurt smeared all over it.

I thought she was Sarah Hadland at the very start.
I also thought it was the real Anastasia for a second. She must have one of those faces.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 30th April 2015, 9:37 AM BST

:D I know. Looks like he's got yogurt smeared all over it.

Hehe. I assume it's so they don't show the people driving behind them/have to get their permission. But it was quite distracting!