Hancock's Half Hour Page 9

Very famous actress in her day and you would remember if you were as old as me. :(

She was only in the first series ,Andree Melly came after with the sexy French accent.But Hancock only really became mega brilliant when Hattie arrived.
Tony with an actual girl friend just doesn't seem right.

As I've said before, I think they were feeling their way with the characters in the early days and agree that it really came into its own with the arrival of Hattie, who I seem to remember was called Hancock's secretary at some point which also seems odd given the situation he was in.

The situation being out of work?

If so I think she's called that just to add to Hancock's pomposity.

Sounds about right :)

"Celebrating" Hancock's TV debut with a live Mrs Brown's Boys . . . sigh . . . a lot of people seem to like it, I guess . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 23rd September 2015, 10:13 AM BST

"Celebrating" Hancock's TV debut with a live Mrs Brown's Boys . . . sigh . . . a lot of people seem to like it, I guess . . .

Chalk and Cheese.

Wannabe sitcom writers might be interested to know that, at the height of his powers, just before making an episode Hancock would go through the script with his writers and strike out EVERY joke.

As I've always said, quality sitcom is all about character and not about people making smart-arsed remarks.

Amen to that. :)

Whilst it's clear that Mrs. Brown's Boys and Hancock's Half Hour don't have any direct connection, I think it's more than fitting to broadcast a special edition of the nation's current favourite and most successful sitcom as the start of a season of programming timed to mark one of the most influential.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 23rd April 2015, 2:53 PM BST

The situation being out of work?

He wasn't always out of work.

Hancock is genius. Mrs Brown is shite.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 24th September 2015, 5:43 AM BST

Mrs Brown is shite.

Many would agree with you, I'm sure, but I hope they'd allow that it's shite of the very highest quality.

I have owned the full boxsets of the TV episodes on DVD and the radio series on CD for many years. It is an all time classic for me and although the fashions and furniture may be dated, the comedy is still fresh I think.

"A day tour of the Scottish Highlands for twelve and six? That's good value. Oh, you have to make your own way up to Aberdeen."

It's important not to live in the past though, and I still like to see as much new TV comedy as possible.

Never tire of listening to The Lad Himself. :D And watching for that matter.