The non-cliquey pop music thread. Page 3

I advise you to buy a cow.
Or make a Tesco order. Whichever's easiest.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 18th April 2015, 12:47 AM BST

Where TF do you live?

Can't you manage without milk?

Quote: zooo @ 18th April 2015, 1:03 AM BST

I advise you to buy a cow.
Or make a Tesco order. Whichever's easiest.

Hello. :D

Got a late bus in both directions.

The nearest all night garage is 45 minutes away.

Really quiet out there tonight.

Just a few sober young people and some very drunk pensioners.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 18th April 2015, 1:21 AM BST

Hello. :D

Got a late bus in both directions.

The nearest all night garage is 45 minutes away.

Really quiet out there tonight.

Just a few sober young people and some very drunk pensioners.

Still no wiser as to why you need milk that badly. :|

Tea.

I drink gallons of it and couldn't last until breakfast without it.

It's just a quarter of a mile inside the London boundary here.

Quite a bit of woodland. In winter, I walk it in total darkness.

To please Chappers, I believe this is No 1 this week.

Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyUcAUMmMY

Well this thread seems to have run its course. It was set up for people to discuss music in a less pretentious way then the Pop/Rock thread.

I'm as guilty as several others in being a musical snob and I know many others just ignored that thread because they couldn't relate to our interest and passion about groups they'd never heard of.

I'll tell you something very un music snobby, I saw a bloke on The One Show yesterday who used to apparently be in Westlife, and his new solo song was actually rather good. :O

You see. That's exactly what this thread is for.

(Not for me though!!!)

Quote: zooo @ 18th April 2015, 11:24 AM BST

I'll tell you something very un music snobby, I saw a bloke on The One Show yesterday who used to apparently be in Westlife, and his new solo song was actually rather good. :O

At a guess -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXUlSQOGLc8

I get the Jess Glynne song but this one?

Not really.

No, he wasn't from that shitty boyband, it was a different one. :)

He has a beard and the song was kind of souly with a gospelly background.

Quote: zooo @ 18th April 2015, 1:51 PM BST

No, he wasn't from that shitty boyband, it was a different one. :)

He has a beard and the song was kind of souly with a gospelly background.

Noddy Holder was on last week.

Presumably it wasn't him.

It must be this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTWZlI6eqTc

But I don't know any of these people. :)

Hey Zooo, here's something. I think you know that a member of a boy band used to live next door to me in a very small bungalow and that his girlfriend who was an ex Miss Wales later moved there too.

Well, and this is absolutely true, I was at an estate agents this week and he asked me where exactly I lived in the local area. When I told him he said " oh I know. I've arranged a few sales there". So I said to him "you didn't do the sale of (name of boy band member here)", half expecting him to say "was he there?". Instead he said "no but I do know all about that one. Jordan was in and out a lot wasn't she". I said whaaat? It would have been her little house on the side rather than her main one but she could have been my neighbour. I suppose it would have saved her some of the taxi fares to school.

That's the one! Good detective work. The song did seem a lot better sung live.

Lol, Jordan, you lucky thing. ;) If only you'd been more of a nosy neighbour.

Quote: zooo @ 18th April 2015, 2:09 PM BST

That's the one! Good detective work. The song did seem a lot better sung live.

Lol, Jordan, you lucky thing. ;) If only you'd been more of a nosy neighbour.

It's weird isn't it.

I saw her on their sex tape but not walking up the steps next door. :D

Incidentally, someone who I'd call an ex of mine although I didn't know her for very long and she chose to maintain her own property described my place on her first visit as "my little holiday home". The "little" was said in much the same way as Mildred's sister used to say "little", ie her place was much bigger grander than mine and she was obviously a bit disappointed mine wasn't more swish. Which shows how bizarre it was that celebrities should have ever lived next door in a similar place.

Please advise which Talking Heads greatest hits album I should purchase? This one's http://www.amazon.co.uk/69/dp/B0000074BV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443971263&sr=8-1&keywords=talking+heads £3.41 cheaper than this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Talking-Heads/dp/B0002IQMKM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1443971263&sr=8-4&keywords=talking+heads

The first one has all the "hits" so it's a perfect introduction for a newbie. Plus: I love the (then) new song on it, Lifetime Piling Up. By the way, I do own and like this despite having all the regular albums.
The other one has all the hits as well plus some essential deep cuts such as Heaven and Love Comes To Town.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th October 2015, 4:23 PM BST

The first one has all the "hits" so it's a perfect introduction for a newbie. Plus: I love the (then) new song on it, Lifetime Piling Up. By the way, I do own and like this despite having all the regular albums.
The other one has all the hits as well plus some essential deep cuts such as Heaven and Love Comes To Town.

Ooh thanks Gordon, I'll order the first one as I like TH, but I'm no expert on their back catalogue.