Silly sketch...

[MOVIE VILLAIN JOB INTERVIEW]

INTERVIEWER: Just aim at the target that's 6ft away

ME: [Misses target with 30 rounds]

I: Nice! The job's yours.

COLLECTION OF GUYS IN THICK GLASSES SHOOTING RAY GUNS AT TARGETS, SQUINTING DOWN THE SIGHTS

TANNOY ANNOUNCEMENT
Practise over suit up!

ALL THE GUYS TAKE THEIR GLASSES OFF AND PUT ON STARWARS STORMTROOPER HELMETS AND START BUMPING INTO EACH OTHER

sorry just realied it's quite rude to type up an alternate version but seemed easiest way to get ideas across, will delete if you like.

Quote: sootyj @ 25th March 2015, 3:27 PM GMT

COLLECTION OF GUYS IN THICK GLASSES SHOOTING RAY GUNS AT TARGETS, SQUINTING DOWN THE SIGHTS

TANNOY ANNOUNCEMENT
Practise over suit up!

ALL THE GUYS TAKE THEIR GLASSES OFF AND PUT ON STARWARS STORMTROOPER HELMETS AND START BUMPING INTO EACH OTHER

sorry just realied it's quite rude to type up an alternate version but seemed easiest way to get ideas across, will delete if you like.

No, nice work!

Took me a while Nick - but I got there. Nice.
I laughed when I got it.

Liked, but could you write this as a proper script where the information the audience needs to get the joke is given in the dialogue, set and actions. Titling your sketch "Movie Villain Job Interview" isn't enough.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 25th March 2015, 4:00 PM GMT

Liked, but could you write this as a proper script where the information the audience needs to get the joke is given in the dialogue, set and actions. Titling your sketch "Movie Villain Job Interview" isn't enough.

Hi Jacob,

I mainly just copy and paste from my Twitter, hence why so short. I'm quite capable of writing longer more detailed sketches etc, but the premiss is there.

Thanks for looking.

OK, but adding the extra detail really wouldn't take much time. It is a good premise and that's why I'd like you to get everything in the execution and presentation right too.

Ultimately it depends on what you're looking to do. If you want to put words on the Internet and/or write things for yourself then writing as you're writing now is fine. If, however, you're writing with TV and/or radio in mind then I'd suggest you spend a little more time writing your scripts.

Quote: sootyj @ 25th March 2015, 3:27 PM GMT

TANNOY ANNOUNCEMENT
Practise over suit up!

I like the idea, but Sooty's version is better, makes you do the work.

I did once have an idea for a sketch where a Bond villain was arguing with a dealer because all the guns he's bought had wonky sights, but I never bothered...glad I didn't now because this is a much neater way of addressing the issue!

Nice quickie. Again it took me a few seconds to get it but when I did I liked it.