House Of Fools - Series 2 Page 4

Current series of Chain Reaction had Reece Shearmith interview Bob which was quite open and interesting and then had Bob interview Vic which despite being a fan I found frustrating as Vic was constantly "on" and wouldn't give a straight answer to anything . . . not heard recent Vic interviewing Olivia Colman yet, but we'll see . . .

Episode 3 was a it of a backward step this week I thought. 'it doesn't really matter' was funny in A Smell of Reeves and Mortimer but is out of place in a sitcom. Will keep watching out of loyalty.

It gets less and less funny every week and it wasn't very funny to start with. Running on fumes. Best thing about it is Morgana Robinson.

I love this show. For me it's purely sit back, disengage comedy critic mode and just let the daftness wash over you time. I went to see the last ep being filmed and had a ball. The Shearsmith / Mortimer interview on Chain Reaction mentioned above is really good and illuminating about Vic and Bob came to be.

Oh and that Morgana's well sexy innit.

Just watched this week's and it was..........er, funnier - I actually laughed out loud - once. Better but nowhere near as funny as their other shows.

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 12th March 2015, 5:35 AM GMT

Current series of Chain Reaction had Reece Shearmith interview Bob which was quite open and interesting and then had Bob interview Vic which despite being a fan I found frustrating as Vic was constantly "on" and wouldn't give a straight answer to anything . . . not heard recent Vic interviewing Olivia Colman yet, but we'll see . . .

I heard it other day. Quite funny in parts but so random and self-indulgent on VR's part you never learnt much about OC other than she's from Norfolk and isn't related to the mustard clan. She just seemed to be a sounding board for Vic's gags. They only briefly touched on Broadchurch and Peep Show and Vic rounds the whole thing off with some nonsense about hobgoblins.

I've not been too convinced by this second series, overall, but this week's was by far the funniest.

Is it me or is Vic slowly morphing into Count Arthur Strong?
When he left with the hat on I thought the resemblance was uncanny.
Not a bad episode but I do wish Bosh was in a lot more than he has been this series

Quote: gappy @ 21st March 2015, 1:45 PM GMT

I've not been too convinced by this second series, overall, but this week's was by far the funniest.

Yes, the dance-a-thon, possibly the funniest episode over both series. Not subtle or whimsical or wry or satirical or whatever else passes for comedy but just plain laugh out loud funny and silly.

Is it me, or was Morgana doing her Natalie Cassidy schtick last episode?

Well have struggled with this to the bitter end and was finally rewarded with a genuinely funny episode - Vic was hilarious in his date outfit and the "cabaret" with the horns was very funny.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st April 2015, 10:59 PM BST

Well have struggled with this to the bitter end...

Oh, get back to your Whig presidents!
Angry

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 2nd April 2015, 12:11 PM BST

Oh, get back to your Whig presidents!
Angry

You've got to admit H of F was no where near as funny as some of their past triumphs, and I'll have you know they were a very funny group a la The Crazy Gang in their day when they weren't presidenting.

"The Whiggies - a song, a monologue and barrels of mirth"

Just watched ep.6, nice to see Sally Phillips guesting. Matt Berry in drag, great stuff, Vic's outfit was just lovely. Is Series 2 over now?

It is, yes. Fingers crossed for a third!