Newsjack - Series 12 Page 16

Well done Kevlar, Ed, Jabashe and Blinkered! Look forward to hearing what you got on.

Quote: Blinkered @ 12th March 2015, 7:01 PM GMT

After 12 series of submitting, got my first 'you're in' e- mail tonight. Thanks to all posters here who have give encouragement and advice.

Well done! Must be a great feeling after all that effort.

Well done everyone who got something!

:D

Well done those who got something in. Look forward to hearing them all later.

The only e-mail I got tonight was from Just-Eat confirming the curry I'm about to cry into is on its way.

Well done all - and look forward to the show!

Can I say, for those struggling to get credits, I was in the same place a few series ago. I got my first credit series 7, and I didn't get another til series 10. Since then I've had 6 in 3 series, and I'm now a commissioned writer for episode 4.

My point is keep at it, and be massively critical of your own material. Aim to get each sketch you write better than the last, ditto with the one-liners. It's helped me.

Quote: Pripyat @ 12th March 2015, 8:14 PM GMT

The only e-mail I got tonight was from Just-Eat confirming the curry I'm about to cry into is on its way.

Well done all - and look forward to the show!

The only email I got was a BCG notification with a link which told me someone was having a curry tonight!

:)

Quote: StephenM @ 12th March 2015, 6:44 PM GMT

That might well be my Russian Spy sketch. Just got the good e-mail!

Hurrah! Fingers crossed. :)

I got my first email tonight. Surprised and excited my little joke got through the edit!

Anyone at the recording remember if the racing car driver waking up from a coma mentioned Sporty Spice?!

Did he pronounce it properly this week, DbM? Nice little mention after the credits!

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 12th March 2015, 8:18 PM GMT

Can I say, for those struggling to get credits, I was in the same place a few series ago. I got my first credit series 7, and I didn't get another til series 10. Since then I've had 6 in 3 series, and I'm now a commissioned writer for episode 4.

My point is keep at it, and be massively critical of your own material. Aim to get each sketch you write better than the last, ditto with the one-liners. It's helped me.

Ditto what DbM says. I started submitting in series 6; had a recorded but cut sketch in 8; 1 sketch and 2 one-liners in 9; 1 one-liner in 10 (well, four words, really); and 1 sketch and 2 one-liners (co-written with Bonzo) in 11.

Then the comedy gods started smiling and we weret invited in last week (though in the event the sketch didn't make the edit, but we did get a one-liner in).

It really is a long game - and a hit-and-miss one at that (I thought our sketches this week were our strongest so far). The important thing is to keep going because it's all part of the process and it's how we improve. :)

Quote: StephenM @ 12th March 2015, 6:44 PM GMT

That might well be my Russian Spy sketch. Just got the good e-mail!

Hoorah! Well done, Stephen (and Kevlar, Ed, Jabashe and Blinkered!). Great sketch and a clever combination of two stories. :)

Quote: andysteph81 @ 13th March 2015, 8:12 AM GMT

Did he pronounce it properly this week, DbM? Nice little mention after the credits!

He did, and lucky for Nish because if he got it wrong this week - hooboy(!), there would have been quite the fracas.

What do you do if you get something on (+ name credited) but didn't get an email? Does the email contain anything important?

Quote: martinw @ 13th March 2015, 10:09 AM GMT

What do you do if you get something on (+ name credited) but didn't get an email? Does the email contain anything important?

Congratulations! Yes, the email gives contact details for the finance people, so give the producers a shout.