Ed Byrne - Live

Last night I went to see Ed Byrne. He is currently doing his 2009 Different Class tour. I just wanted to report back how good the evening was. He came straight onto the stage and no warm up act was required. He came across as a really nice guy and the crowd warmed to him very quickly.

I'd seen him once before when he did a turn at the recent Secret Policeman's Ball and the only slight blip was that he repeated a joke from the Ball in his set last night. However, his performance was such that I would forgive him that small indiscretion.

Overall, a good show and I'd recommend it.

Def.

I Like Ed Byrne.
I met him a few times at the Cosmic Comedy club many moons ago.
He was really friendly, and I remember him giving me some good advice about my stand up act.
Something about my day job I think it was Eh? :)

Quote: Deferenz @ February 18 2009, 12:26 PM GMT

He came straight onto the stage and no warm up act was required.

Do many standups have warm up acts?

I saw this same tour last autumn and he had a warm-up, a very funny one from New Zealand. A few big names I've been to see have had warm-ups: Gervais, Chris Rock, Ed Byrne, Stewart Lee. But Jimmy Carr, Skinner, Ross Noble, Dylan Moran didn't.

In fact Ross Noble had to be told to get off as he had done an hour of encore - he was brilliant.

Gervais has a warm-up act?! No wonder people find him so funny.

I was on the writing team for Ed Byrne's new BBC comedy panel show pilot "Sex Bombs". He's bloody good in the chair, very witty and likeable. Hope it gets a series!

(I'm expecting a DVD of the pilot through any day. I shall report my findings.)

And then send me a copy? ;)

Ed Byrne live?

If you've got £2,245 + VAT kicking around, why not see him this coming November 6?

Just saw this press release and thought of all of you here.

(PS I hope this isn't off-topic. It is after all about Ed Byrne live.)

PRESS RELEASE...

International star of the comedy circuit Ed Byrne, a regular on Have I Got News for You and Mock the Week, will bring his razor-sharp wit to this year's European Supply Chain Excellence Awards in partnership with PwC on Tuesday 6th November at the London Hilton on Park Lane, UK.

Ed will give our guests an exclusive one-night-only set before announcing the winners of these sought-after Awards.

Read more about your host for the evening, Ed Byrne

Don't miss out on Supply Chain's night of the year - this is your perfect chance to rub shoulders with the leading thinkers in the business.

View the Shortlist

Awards guests receive:

- Three-course fine dining and entertainment at the outstanding London Hilton on Park Lane, UK
- An exclusive set by Ed Byrne, internationally renowned comedian and now star of the stage
- A unique chance to be among the first to find out who has excelled in the industry
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with Supply Chain's movers and shakers

Places at the year's awards ceremony for the supply chain and logistics industry are available at just £2,245 + VAT for a table of 10 - reserve your table here.

I want to go see him again in Cambridge next March if anyone is free to come with me. I'm on Twitter and FB. :D :D Angelic