The Beautiful Woman (Short Cartoon) Page 2

I quite liked the fact that it was brass they were mining for. It added a bit of whimsical silliness to the straighter pun of the main joke.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 6th March 2015, 6:06 PM GMT

No worries if you didn't get the gag at first (surely that's on me, not you). Strangely enough I want people to be a little confused by it. Get a, "What? I don't get it... Oh now I get it... And it's stupid!" reaction. :)

The reason I didn't get it is that the brass stuff fooled me. The reason it's clever is because the phrases are identical, but as well as "making her mine" he is also "making her his", so it wasn't obvious to me that the point of the joke was the pun...and the reason for this was that I was too busy trying to decode a very weird comment about digging for brass (or, bras, as I thought it was at first, which didn't help Laughing out loud). So, although I see why you wanted a leftfield twist line at the end, for me it actually obscured a subtle and incredibly pleasing pun.

It's either that or I'm stupid, one of the two. Huh?

...and to add further to the confusion 'Brass' is a colloquialism for money up here in Yorkshire pudding land.