Bizarrely unreleased... Page 7

Yes, I'd feel fairly comfortable backing that rumour.

Well I'm pleased that someones finally dusted it down.

What do you mean Aaron?

I mean exactly as I said, no more no less!

Well it's nearly five years since this thread last had any comments written on it. After all this time I have noticed that some of the requests have been met but others are still sadly lacking. How much longer are we going to have to wait? I begin to wonder now if they will ever get released? Network DVD made an attempt at Sykes & Till Death Us Do Part but they didn't release the entire series.

Surely these titles would sell enough copies to be worth it?

SYKES

SYKES & A (SURVIVING EPISODES)

THE GOODIES (SERIES 1-8 IN FULL)

HAPPY EVER AFTER

TILL DEATH US DO PART (ALL SURVIVING EPISODES)

2 POINT 4 CHILDREN SERIES 4 ONWARDS

Monkey Dust series 2&3
It's Kevin
Newman & Baddiel in Pieces (although it was so long ago that I saw it, I'm not sure if I would still find it funny)

There have been no proper Goodies episode releases for over four years, the biggest lapse in time between any of the releases (the first was in 2003).

There is still lots of good stuff in the vaults:

CLOWN VIRUS/ THE BADDIES/ SCOTLAND/ THE RACE/ DODONUTS/ ROME ANTICS to name but a few.

I have reasonable unofficial versions of all episodes, including the little-seen COLLECTION of GOODIES, which contains separate filmed skits done exclusively for Engelbert Humperdink's early 70s show.

It's long overdue for a full set of the entire BBC output, there is no question.

I have never understood why seasons 1-4 of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air were released on DVD over here, but not season 5 or 6. You can get them on iTunes, but not DVD, despite the fact Will Smith is a massive star and it was a very popular show.

Quote: Rico El Vista @ 18th February 2015, 7:08 AM GMT

There have been no proper Goodies episode releases for over four years, the biggest lapse in time between any of the releases (the first was in 2003).

There is still lots of good stuff in the vaults:

CLOWN VIRUS/ THE BADDIES/ SCOTLAND/ THE RACE/ DODONUTS/ ROME ANTICS to name but a few.

I have reasonable unofficial versions of all episodes, including the little-seen COLLECTION of GOODIES, which contains separate filmed skits done exclusively for Engelbert Humperdink's early 70s show.

It's long overdue for a full set of the entire BBC output, there is no question.

Does the BBC have copies though? Maybe it's worth telling them?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 6th March 2015, 8:50 AM GMT

Does the BBC have copies though? Maybe it's worth telling them?

One sketch from it (in a gymnasium) appears as an extra on At Last A Second Helping DVD. So with that in mind we can assume they either have the lot or at least some of it. I'm not 100% sure but I think 2 episodes only survive as a black and white film print, and the original version of Kitten Kong is missing? They have the Montreux Special of Kitten Kong as it's on The Goodies At Last DVD but is there any difference in them? Network DVD have released some volumes of this show and the complete Series 9 but the complete collection would be very welcome. I wonder why they did not release it series by series?

Quote: marac @ 7th March 2015, 11:06 AM GMT

Network DVD have released some volumes of this show and the complete Series 9 but the complete collection would be very welcome. I wonder why they did not release it series by series?

I can only guess that they don't have the rights to do so. Network are normally very, very thorough.

Caught In The Act from The Goodies Series 1 exists in pretty good shape, in black-and-white (this one has a fair bit of nudity in it). Commonwealth Games from Series 2 seems to have fared less well; it looks very like a b/w 16mm telecine job, but a lot better than nothing.

Everything else exists in colour, although Come Dancing from Series 2 is a boosted low-band job compared to the other episodes.

Apparently there are a few cuts in these black and white episodes, but there are rumours the cuts exist in an Australian TV archive (or something).