Sir David Jason hints at a return of OFAH

It wasn't long ago that Dan and Jim Sullivan confirmed that they would not be writing any future episodes of OFAH, during the annoucement of the Comic Relief short written by John's sons, based on John's idea.

Since there is an apparent finished script that Sullivan had written before he passed away, there is a small chance, with the support of the BBC, cast and producers plus positive fan reaction, that one final special could be aired.

Long shot of course, and no doubt many would say that a come-back would not work.

Main cast of 'the lads' would now only include:

Del
Rodney
Boycie
Denzil
Mickey Pearce
Jevon
Slater (yeah right)

I clutch at straws a lot in life and I sure hope they would honour John's last ever script and see Del Boy celebrate his 60th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov7dn1wwCkg

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 26th February 2015, 7:48 PM GMT

It wasn't long ago that Dan and Jim Sullivan confirmed that they would not be writing any future episodes of OFAH, during the annoucement of the Comic Relief short written by John's sons, based on John's idea.

Since there is an apparent finished script that Sullivan had written before he passed away, there is a small chance, with the support of the BBC, cast and producers plus positive fan reaction, that one final special could be aired.

Long shot of course, and no doubt many would say that a come-back would not work.

Main cast of 'the lads' would now only include:

Del
Rodney
Boycie
Denzil
Mickey Pearce
Jevon
Slater (yeah right)

I clutch at straws a lot in life and I sure hope they would honour John's last ever script and see Del Boy celebrate his 60th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov7dn1wwCkg

Interesting.

Not sure what to think.

And what about Marlene, Raquel etc?

I watched the clip but don't interpret his reaction as a hint at anything. But I think he wouldn't say no if they approached him with the offer for a final reunion.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th February 2015, 8:17 PM GMT

Interesting.

Not sure what to think.

And what about Marlene, Raquel etc?

They're not quite one of the lads, although, all the lads remember Marlene ;)

Damien might be in as one of the boys I suppose - so long as his general chaviness characteristic is dropped.

Is Nick Stringer still alive? I'd like to see Jumbo Mills' return, maybe him and Del could revive Eels On Wheels.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 26th February 2015, 8:43 PM GMT

They're not quite one of the lads, although, all the lads remember Marlene ;)

Damien might be in as one of the boys I suppose - so long as his general chaviness characteristic is dropped.

Good points.

How old is Damien now?

Please tell me he is not as old as Jack Whitehall.

Don't want to see him as one of his mates because he's in everything else. :)

I think it would only work as a one-off - or a series of one-offs! But Del Boy's 60th? I think you must mean 70th.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th February 2015, 10:22 PM GMT

I think it would only work as a one-off - or a series of one-offs! But Del Boy's 60th? I think you must mean 70th.

I actually meant 65th.

http://www.ofah.net/blog/30th-anniversary-christmas-special-axed/

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 26th February 2015, 7:48 PM GMT

Since there is an apparent finished script that Sullivan had written before he passed away

Have you a source for this? I know he had been working on one, but I do not believe it to have been finished.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th February 2015, 9:54 PM GMT

Good points.

How old is Damien now?

Please tell me he is not as old as Jack Whitehall.

Don't want to see him as one of his mates because he's in everything else. :)

Damien would be about 24/25?

Quote: Aaron @ 26th February 2015, 10:34 PM GMT

Have you a source for this? I know he had been working on one, but I do not believe it to have been finished.

To be honest, no. It's not actually clear if the script was finished or not. There had been apparent quotes from DJ stating he would do another OFAH as he had seen the script Sullivan had been creating. This was days before it was announced that they would do a one-off Comic Relief special.

It's hearsay on whether it was finished or not. One thing is for sure, he started it, had all the ideas needed to complete it and has two sons who have some experience in writing when working on GGG.

As I said - I clutch at straws in life!

Would love a come-back for sentimental reasons. I know as much as the next fan that it probably wouldn't work too well.

I think if the script had been finished, they would have recorded it in 2011 as planned, if only in tribute. The BBC were certainly relatively advanced in preparations for it, according to what I've been told in the past.

Perhaps the script is in a near-enough to finished state that Dan and Jim could complete it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I can't see why they wouldn't want to, should be a nice little earner for them, Jason and the others will be up for it, they can't rely on Jason being available for too much longer and lastly OFAH's already gone past the 'leave it alone' stage for better or worse.

One final 2 parter Christmas special should serve everyone very well. Jubbly bubbly.

Unrelated but I see BBC won't be showing OFAH on Chrisrmas day this year. They usually show one every year. Slightly gutted they aren't! Eh?

Oh, that's a shame. Laughing out loud