Carry On At Your Convenience Page 3

It's OK, but not a patch on the Fellini and Kurosawa films being made at the same time.

I bet Pacino couldn't get any mileage out of a line like "She's not getting any younger". "She's not getting any!"

Quote: Knotty @ 18th February 2015, 4:52 PM GMT

From Wikipedia:

Yes, Wikiwaki, which Only Connect question editors will not allow because of its set up, by the way; but having said that, I can see the connection now; but never would have linked them before. Probably because Peter Sellers was not in the previous.

Quote: Knotty @ 18th February 2015, 2:03 PM GMT

It was badly judged to knock the unions - and they paid for it at the box office and deservedly so. But as I'm not fanatical about such things, I think it's still good fun.

Nothing wrong with bashing the unions. Stop them getting above their station.

Quote: paulted @ 18th February 2015, 2:19 PM GMT

Savaged critically, but for me this is a high water mark for the series, lots of great characters and the writers can have a real blast around the rim and head right for the u-bend(sorry) with some low brow humour. Carry on Girls is in a similar vein too and all the better for it.

Weren't they all savaged critically?

Quote: beaky @ 18th February 2015, 6:12 PM GMT

It's OK, but not a patch on the Fellini and Kurosawa films being made at the same time.

:)

Yes, as I was saying to the servant the other day we really must keep those wretched union coves in their place. Bloody commie bastards! Damn working classes! Pshaw! What they need is hanging, flogging and a bloody good war! Do 'em the WORLD of good! Phshaw! God bless the Royals! They do a MARVELLOUS job!

Quote: Knotty @ 20th February 2015, 10:46 AM GMT

Yes, as I was saying to the servant the other day we really must keep those wretched union coves in their place. Bloody commie bastards! Damn working classes! Pshaw! What they need is hanging, flogging and a bloody good war! Do 'em the WORLD of good! Phshaw! God bless the Royals! They do a MARVELLOUS job!

Glad you finally mastered this old www.interweb thing, Knotty, you're an absolute top class well bred chap of the first order. Not seen you dining in the club for a while. Must catch up for a few double gins, what. Must dash, got to beat one of the servants for being a bit of lefty Bolshevik, he seems to want paying for a day's work, cheeky blighter. Organising a peasant shoot for next week if you're interested. God bless The Queen

I'd love to, old bean, but I'm organising an Unemployed Scum Hunt. Jolly good fun, what? Nothing like seeing those benefit claiming oiks being torn limb from limb by the old Rottweiler pack! I mean you should SEE some of them! Long hair, jeans - and not ONE of them wearing a tie! Pshaw! Jenkins! My vodka and tonic, man, or I'll have you joining them!

Watched this tonight from my box set rotation, and it was OK, just that. I like a bit of innuendo, but there was far too much in this and a lot of forced humour and laughing. Got a bit silly in the end too; BUT worth a watch if only to see Jacki Piper again in only her knickers and bra. Lovey

WC Bogs and Company. My favourite Carry On is Follow That Camel, with Phil Silvers, should have won an Oscar.