Count Arthur Strong - Series 2 (TV) Page 8

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th February 2015, 12:43 PM GMT

But it's so thin.
I've had to pull over in the car in the past for fear of losing it while listening to the radio series.
They do so little with the character - just wheeling him on when things are getting a bit (!) slow.
He's a minor character in his own sitcom.

I didn't like the radio series, but I'm really enjoying the TV show.

Quote: Nil Putters @ 15th February 2015, 1:15 PM GMT

I didn't like the radio series, but I'm really enjoying the TV show.

In which case, if nothing else, we can probably agree they failed to capture the essence of the radio show.
:)

Not necessarily even that, Lazzard, because to 'fail' is to try without success. I believe they've spoken openly about explicitly not wanting to merely recreate the radio show for TV.

In which case they have succeeded.

I'm a big Linehan fan. Loved Father Ted and IT Crowd. But this show never really connected with me.

Tears of laughter at Arthur and the cold caller !

Laughing out loud

Great start but then it was ALL ABOUT MICHEAL!!!! AGAIN!!!! (granted with a Pshycic sub plot!)

Almost wet myself with happiness at the thought that the writing team had seen the light and were getting rid of Micheal as a series finale.... but alas it seems not!

Good end to another good series. Really hope to see a 3rd series but it needs to be on in an earlier timeslot.

Yes, enjoyable. Not as strong as the gas man or pilot school, but a nice finish.

Quote: G180e @ 18th February 2015, 8:20 PM GMT

Good end to another good series. Really hope to see a 3rd series but it needs to be on in an earlier timeslot.

I hope there's a 3rd series as well. The Count is one of my favourite comic characters.

Quote: G180e @ 18th February 2015, 8:20 PM GMT

Yeah, too late for me, but me digi-box takes care of that. Wonder why it is on so late, as it is not near the knuckle.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th February 2015, 9:42 AM GMT

near the knuckle.

That makes me horny.

Anyway, does anyone (maybe Aaron?) know if the second series gets a DVD release, despite what G180e posted earlier? I missed at least two episodes because of my own stupidity. Which is a shame because I really started enjoying this.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th February 2015, 2:00 PM GMT

Anyway, does anyone (maybe Aaron?) know if the second series gets a DVD release?

Absolutely no way of knowing. Nothing is scheduled at the moment, and the fact the original distributors haven't picked it up doesn't bode well, but it's entirely wrong to suggest that means it'll never be available.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 19th February 2015, 2:00 PM GMT

That makes me horny.

Anyway, does anyone (maybe Aaron?) know if the second series gets a DVD release, despite what G180e posted earlier? I missed at least two episodes because of my own stupidity. Which is a shame because I really started enjoying this.

From episode 3 still available on iPlayer . . .

The entire series has been fantastic.

20 out of 10. Laughing out loud :) Hug Geek

This contribution was originally posted on the wrong thread.

Threads were never my strong point.