The Last Leg with Adam Hills Page 2

Adam Hills comes across like such an amiable bloke, it's difficult not to enjoy this show.

I've been really enjoying this, Adam is brilliant. I've not had time to watch much of the paralympics so this has been a great, irreverant catch up.

The best thing about Channel 4's coverage. Reminded me of the glory days of Baddiel and Skinner on Fantasy Football.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode.

Ok, so they didn't push it, and I'm kind of glad they didn't but I was hoping for a bit more....

I'm sure their lawyers were all over it.

The last leg is my current favourite show...the half hour show flies which is always a good sign...glad to see it has been recommissioned for a new series.... Boz

Is it ok to have a chunk of the show slagging off HSBC for assisting in tax avoidance, then have HSBC commercials during the breaks?

Hashtag smug twats Rolling eyes

Is it ok for the unfunny annoying Josh Widdecombe to be so right on about respecting women in one breath then trying to make out he's a lagerlad the next? Bet when he's had a few, his real personality comes to the fore.

Well I like it. It's never hilarious and it's a bit too worthy sometimes, but it's pleasant. Quite frankly, other than Charlie Brooker and HIGNFY, this is the only thing close to satire that's around (on telly) at the moment.

I think the presenters complement each other

Adam Hills: seems quite politically aware
Josh Widdicombe: a degree of awareness
Alex Brooker: No awareness of anything

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 15th February 2015, 4:16 PM GMT

I think the presenters complement each other

Adam Hills: seems quite politically aware
Josh Widdicombe: a degree of awareness
Alex Brooker: No awareness of anything

Laughing out loud Agreed.
Somehow it all works.

Liking Adam Hills he's got charm and charisma, Alex Brooker is the star turn here with a subversive under current. Can't warm to Josh though, I know they may be mates but he seems to be a bit of a bully towards Alex.

Hills has/had his own Jonathan Ross/David Letterman style talk show in Australia. Love to see him do the same over here, maybe of C4 or Sky1.

What did people think of the John Cleese episode?
I thought it was one of the best episodes the show as produced.

I liked his cat!

I've found this series to be too much socio-political ranting, and not enough trying to be funny. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be as a show any more.

It was a bit of a "sideways look at the news" type thing, but it's almost as if it's trying to keep up with the Jon Stewart/John Oliver "angry man" style of satire and I'm not sure that works for a British audience.

The guests feel like a bit of an unnecessary add-on at times, particularly when it's clear they're only on to plug something or other they have to sell.