Stella - Series 4

Well, so far so good. Dysfunctional central family, whacky locals, pantomime villains etc. I started watching series one on catchup and progressed from there really.

I couldn't get into Series 1 so never bothered trying it again after Episode 1 of Series 1.

I watched it last night - man has it gone soapy. Even soapier than a direct hit on Port Sunlight. Bah!

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 14th February 2015, 10:34 PM GMT

Even soapier than a direct hit on Port Sunlight.

Laughing out loud

I always found it to be like this, to be honest. I enjoy the series: light drama without any of the faux tension of the actual soaps, and a decent smattering of comic relief.

I've always really liked it in the past, but not as keen on this new series.
It's gone a bit 'too' silly. I know it's a comedy, but that Little Alan is really annoying with his pouting and scowling. It's too over the top.

Quote: Sam Clare @ 22nd February 2015, 11:12 PM GMT

I've always really liked it in the past, but not as keen on this new series.
It's gone a bit 'too' silly. I know it's a comedy, but that Little Alan is really annoying with his pouting and scowling. It's too over the top.

I agree, I just keep thinking that all of the plotline has happened before, albeit with different characters. I also wish that they'd bin Auntie Di and Dai Davies; how about bringing Stella's parents back to Pontyberry?

However, Patrick Baladi wearing black leather and his stunt double riding a motorbike is well worth a gander. Yum. :P

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 23rd February 2015, 6:23 PM GMT

However, Patrick Baladi wearing black leather and his stunt double riding a motorbike is well worth a gander. Yum. :P

I get distracted based on his role as David Brent's rather uptight, slightly posh replacement in The Office.

How many series do you think that they can get away with? It has enough characters to cope.