Don't worry, I'm not selling anything. Page 2

Quote: DanShentonLives @ 17th December 2014, 7:06 AM GMT

Yeah I know Wythenshawe, a bit like Blackpool with slightly more class...

Suffolk's pretty nice. A little too nice, actually. I'm worried I've stumbled into Sandford from Hot Fuzz or something.

Seriously though, I don't end up talking to crazy people at bus stops - although nobody talks to anybody at bus stops here. I tried, but I just looked like the crazy person who talks to people at bus stops. The girls don't sound like men here, though. That's nice

Only old ladies talk to me at bus stops, which I don't mind normally - it's only when they don't take no for an answer and insist on me coming home with them, that's when I start to feel a bit uncomfortable.

Are you interested in comedy writing or performing, or are you just on here for the love of comedy and to chat with like-minded folk?

Quote: Lance Gringo @ 17th December 2014, 9:14 PM GMT

Only old ladies talk to me at bus stops, which I don't mind normally - it's only when they don't take no for an answer and insist on me coming home with them, that's when I start to feel a bit uncomfortable.

Are you interested in comedy writing or performing, or are you just on here for the love of comedy and to chat with like-minded folk?

Bit of both, really. I have a bit of a performance background - though I haven't been on stage for about 7 years now -and am trying to get into sketch writing. Mainly I'm just super, super lonely. Hence the sadness at no more bus stop action. Yourself?

Quote: DanShentonLives @ 19th December 2014, 11:43 AM GMT

Bit of both, really. I have a bit of a performance background - though I haven't been on stage for about 7 years now -and am trying to get into sketch writing. Mainly I'm just super, super lonely. Hence the sadness at no more bus stop action. Yourself?

Cool, what are you more into, writing or performing?

What is it about sketch comedy that has influenced you?

I don't have any experience to speak of, just an 'itch' that won't go away. I would love to do 5 minutes of stand-up, not for it to turn into something, just to say I did it and for the experience of it.

I'm actually quite keen on doing some writing, maybe some performing too. I love comedy, and would like to do something quite low-key and obscure. I'm working on a sitcom with a friend of mine, but aside from that I'd love to hook up with like-minded folk and work on something else, really open to anything really.

I can totes relate on the lack of bus stop action though.

Hey, sorry about the late response, I've had a mad few weeks! I've always loved sketch comedy, I grew up watching them. I guess I like the neat formula you find in sketches, but also the fact that they take you by surprise. I'm a sucker for wordplay and snappy dialogue exchange. To me sketches are the perfect form of joke.

I'm more into the writing side of things, though I'd be happy to perform also. I have a few things written, though no professional "experience" to speak of.

What kind of standup would you do? Observstional or joke based? Or both? Or neither? That would be exciting, though I'm not sure how it'd work...

Hi to you-- I'm also Manc' {lowers voice] know Wythenshawe quite well.

Quote: DanShentonLives @ 12th January 2015, 11:51 PM GMT

Hey, sorry about the late response, I've had a mad few weeks! I've always loved sketch comedy, I grew up watching them. I guess I like the neat formula you find in sketches, but also the fact that they take you by surprise. I'm a sucker for wordplay and snappy dialogue exchange. To me sketches are the perfect form of joke.

I'm more into the writing side of things, though I'd be happy to perform also. I have a few things written, though no professional "experience" to speak of.

What kind of standup would you do? Observstional or joke based? Or both? Or neither? That would be exciting, though I'm not sure how it'd work...

No worries mate, I've not had much chance to log in myself of late.

I think joke based stand up material can be tricky to pull off unless you're sort of playing a character on stage, or you have a persona of sorts.

I think if I did do anything, it would be things based on personal experiences, just general things, I suppose that would involve observations though really.

Is it just me, or is this forum pretty quiet? - I was expecting to be signed up by a big, showbiz agent by now.

Quote: dellas @ 13th January 2015, 9:45 AM GMT

Hi to you-- I'm also Manc' {lowers voice] know Wythenshawe quite well.

Hello, cool another Manchester person, always a pleasure (doffs cap)

Whereabouts are you from?

Sorry, made a mess of that reply!

Hi, I'm from Old Trafford, but now live in Hyde {murder capital of GB}

Any current projects on the go?.

Quote: dellas @ 15th January 2015, 9:50 PM GMT

Hi, I'm from Old Trafford, but now live in Hyde {murder capital of GB}

Any current projects on the go?.

I used to live near Old Trafford. I didn't realise that Hyde was the murder capital of GB, is it really that bad there then??

I'm co-writing a sitcom with someone, but looking to get something else started with someone else/others, not sure what though yet, writing, performing, open to offers.

What about yourself?

Quote: Lance Gringo @ 15th January 2015, 9:58 PM GMT

I used to live near Old Trafford. I didn't realise that Hyde was the murder capital of GB, is it really that bad there then??

I'm co-writing a sitcom with someone, but looking to get something else started with someone else/others, not sure what though yet, writing, performing, open to offers.

What about yourself?

What's your sitcom about?

I'm new to this too...but everyone seems nice...haven't been bitten yet. Welcome fellow newbie.

Quote: Warwick Marlow @ 6th February 2015, 10:00 AM GMT

I'm new to this too...but everyone seems nice...haven't been bitten yet. Welcome fellow newbie.

(Offstage right: bites Warwick)

I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies - I was hungry and Mother hasn't cooked my dinner yet. Welcome.

I'm not from Manchester, but I do like to shamelessly post my comedy produce.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d4i-aTKlm8U