Dangerous fake email scams Page 18

Quote: Oldrocker @ 27th January 2015, 11:41 PM GMT

WTF ?

'Salut again

Well, got you wandering the tumblr, you just can't cast aside my commitment.
Watching last events about the disaster in Europe, they are prompting me feel trembling... Anyway, my apartment is now being leased by someone else and I was forced to switch to a nearby site with my dogs. I am so sorry but I am pretty over with my sister's birthday, I didn't remember talking to you. Well, I don't know how, but is it a sunny evening so far South?
Will you contact me if and when you read this?'

Aah - It's Tumblr!

FAKE:

Date: Monday,9th February, 2015

Dear Consumer,

Congratulations!

Your email have been randomly picked by a Coca-Cola™ powered email newsletter software operated by legally registered United States freelance tech experts to receive a Coca-Cola™ rewards prize of $1million in the ongoing Coca-Cola™ 128th anniversary celebrations promo.

For claims, please submit Name, Age, Tel/Phone, & Address.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Coca-Cola™ Offers & Promotions

To celebrate 128 years of sharing happiness since the first Coca-Cola was enjoyed on May 8, 1886, The Coca-Cola Company is thanking everyone who has made refreshing the world since then possible with innovative, cultural events and exclusive collaborations throughout the year and around the globe.

The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company's portfolio features 17 billion-dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of 1.9 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates.

©2006-2015 The Coca-Cola Company All Rights Reserved

I think any email that starts "Congratulations!" should be taken with a bucket of salt.

Weheeey, one for the goodies..

I reported the Fake CocoCola letter above to the postmaster whence it really came and today got this reply.

Bill

Thanks for your note - this <expletive deleted> "person" also sent heaps of targeted phishing to our users as well. The problem was dealt with yesterday.

Cheers

Darren McKemmish

IT Security Manager

Deakin eSolutions

I wish they would make their mind up. Have I won an ASDA voucher or a TESCO voucher?

ASDA Vouchers available Now

Time is limited so don't hesitate. Your Tesco vouchers are waiting.

Register Here to receive valuable ASDA vouchers.

It's simple, answer a few short questions then receive your 'Thank-You" vouchers for participating.

All answers are 100% anonymous.

Start Here

Your ASDA vouchers are waiting!

Quote: billwill @ 9th February 2015, 11:12 PM GMT

Weheeey, one for the goodies..

I reported the Fake CocoCola letter above to the postmaster whence it really came and today got this reply.

I reckon that's a fake.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th February 2015, 9:55 PM GMT

I reckon that's a fake.

:S

FAKE (looks like they are trying to reintrodice word macro malware):

Good day.

The International SWIFT transaction (ID: 813331310), just initiated from you, was rejected by the Electronic Payments Association.

Please open the document attached below to see more information about this problem.

NOTE: If you have any troubles with opening the MS word document, please save it on your computer before opening. An interactive details on the Word file must be viewed only through Microsoft Word on Windows PC.

Is this real?

From mailto:facebook740129@no-reply.com
"New updates on facebook. Confirming your account will give you full access to Facebook features and all future notifications will be sent to this email address. Make sure you don't miss these important updates by confirming your account, otherwise, your account will be restricted."

Then there's a link to click on, which I haven't.

Quote: Loopey @ 18th February 2015, 2:03 PM GMT

Is this real?

From mailto:facebook740129@no-reply.com
"New updates on facebook. Confirming your account will give you full access to Facebook features and all future notifications will be sent to this email address. Make sure you don't miss these important updates by confirming your account, otherwise, your account will be restricted."

Then there's a link to click on, which I haven't.

Almost certainly fake.

Hover over the link and your status line should show where it is really going to go to.

Quote: billwill @ 18th February 2015, 2:47 PM GMT

Almost certainly fake.

Hover over the link and your status line should show where it is really going to go to.

Thanks Bill, it is fake.

No, stop messing about . . . this chap sounds really sincere.

Hello,

Compliments of the day to you and your entire family. I am Sanusi Bello, the chairman Contract certification Committee, Ministry of Petroleum Resources in Nigeria. I am seeking for a very trustworthy foreign person to fully and sincerely co-operate with me in the transfer of huge amount of money into a very safe account.

This money was part of the contract awarded to some foreign companies which was duly executed and the contractors in that category have been fully paid. It will be mutually beneficial to both of us if you accept; I will use my power and position as the chairman of the above committee to include your name or your company's name as one of the contractors/beneficiaries whose contract has been completed but awaiting payment. After you received the said funds in your designated account, we shall use part of the money to invest in properties or in any other lucrative investment opportunities in your country.

If you accept to do this business with me and receive the said funds into your bank account, you will be required to:-

(1) Assist in the transfer and receiving of the said funds into your bank account.
(2) Advise on lucrative areas of investment opportunities.

Please indicate your interest by sending your information as requested below into my secured E-mail: to enable me furnishes you with further information about this transaction.

1. Your Full Names:
2. Your Contact address:
3. Your personal phone number:
4. A scan copy of your international passport or Driver's Lin.

Treat this with seriousness and confidentiality. Provided you are trustworthy and never intend or try to cheat me after you receive this funds in your account.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sanusi Bello
Chairman
Contract certification Committee
Ministry of Petroleum Resources

Quote: Oldrocker @ 28th February 2015, 12:00 AM GMT

No, stop messing about . . . this chap sounds really sincere.

Hello,

Compliments of the day to you and your entire family. I am Sanusi Bello, the chairman Contract certification Committee, Ministry of Petroleum Resources in Nigeria. I am seeking for a very trustworthy foreign person to fully and sincerely co-operate with me in the transfer of huge amount of money into a very safe account.

This money was part of the contract awarded to some foreign companies which was duly executed and the contractors in that category have been fully paid. It will be mutually beneficial to both of us if you accept; I will use my power and position as the chairman of the above committee to include your name or your company's name as one of the contractors/beneficiaries whose contract has been completed but awaiting payment. After you received the said funds in your designated account, we shall use part of the money to invest in properties or in any other lucrative investment opportunities in your country.

If you accept to do this business with me and receive the said funds into your bank account, you will be required to:-

(1) Assist in the transfer and receiving of the said funds into your bank account.
(2) Advise on lucrative areas of investment opportunities.

Please indicate your interest by sending your information as requested below into my secured E-mail: to enable me furnishes you with further information about this transaction.

1. Your Full Names:
2. Your Contact address:
3. Your personal phone number:
4. A scan copy of your international passport or Driver's Lin.

Treat this with seriousness and confidentiality. Provided you are trustworthy and never intend or try to cheat me after you receive this funds in your account.

Sincerely,

Mr. Sanusi Bello
Chairman
Contract certification Committee
Ministry of Petroleum Resources

Go on - do it and then run off with his money.

I would but I can't find my Driver's Lin.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th February 2015, 12:35 AM GMT

Go on - do it and then run off with his money.

As you probably know, it doesn't work that way... If you get back in touch, shortly they will ask for money to pay fees or bribe officials or whatever and they keep doing that. Greedy victims pay out & the money in the original message never appears & never existed.

It's called the Nigerian 419 Scam.

Some people get their kicks by playing along baiting the scammers and getting them to take silly photos or videos to 'prove' they exist or what ever.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=419+scam+spoofing&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=sg7xVPPgG8OBUcazg9AK

http://www.419eater.com/

http://www.thespoof.com/search.cfm?tag=Nigerian%20scam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just had fun reading a randomly selected scam baiting exchange.

http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm

http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm