Birmingham comedy writers Page 3

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ August 1 2011, 11:22 AM BST

Excellent, you'll have to join us at the next meet. (Bi-monthly was the provisional plan.)

I was supposed to be at the last one, but had been away for a while and didn't see the PM from Ponderer until after the fact.

I had fun. The Peroni on draught was a definite bonus. Next one late Sept when we might get to planning something a bit more substantive.

Very old thread - This needs a bump.

Are there any West Midlands based writers out there who would like to get something going?

If there are, please let yourself be known. My endless attempt to find any workshops/classes in the Birmingham area goes on, surely there are some like-minded people on here?

I am based near Oldbury if that helps.

Quote: Tobysarse @ March 13 2012, 11:20 AM GMT

Very old thread - This needs a bump.

Another Midlands bod, excellent. I make that five for the next meet-up, we'll be overtaking the Cockneys in a few years.

Another Brum-based writer here. I go to the writers' meetings at the Blue Orange Theatre, where there are a few more comedy writers knocking around. Always up for a meeting, whenever the day job (teaching) permits a social life.

Are you all still doing the monthly meetings and if so when is the next one?

Quote: Pete Noonan @ January 2 2013, 9:15 AM GMT

Are you all still doing the monthly meetings and if so when is the next one?

Hi Pete,

Ponderer and I are still "organising" a monthly meeting (although we missed December). We are also trying to arrange a "post-christmas drinks" on either the 7th, 8th OR 10th Jan here:-

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/26477/

Welcome to the forum

DH

Hello people. Just signed up after finding this thread. Anyone here still interested in collaborations of any sort?

Roberto