Benidorm - Series 7

Just been looking at the "Coming Up" page and was pleasantly surprised to hear that Benidorm will be returning next month for a Christmas special along with a seventh series, it will be nice to see the return of Johnny Vegas but the past three series of Benidorm haven't really been anything to go mad over but I'm sure I will tune into the new series!

I will be watching this tonight.

I will watch more in hope than anticipation. Ever since it changed to the hour long episodes it has generally been fairly poor, with the odd decent few gags. Time to lay this to rest

At least Benidorm is consistent. That episode was very poor, very little in the way of laughs.

Did anyone find it funny?

I don't know "Benidorm" but I saw the trailer tonight. I laughed out loud at the bloke answering a question about how long his marriage had been going through a rough patch. Yes, an old gag but superbly delivered.

Quote: smc4761 @ 2nd January 2015, 10:09 PM GMT

At least Benidorm is consistent. That episode was very poor, very little in the way of laughs.

Did anyone find it funny?

A few bits here and there were funny. On the whole, crap opener to the series.

I think Benidorm is very good especially as each show is 60 mins. As an off-shoot I'd love to see the Garveys 'At Home'.

Oracle's return seems desperate by the producers now that the Garveys have departed. So far series has been weakest by far.

Derren Litten is writing an 8th series of Benidorm. https://twitter.com/DerrenLitten/status/551710095152017409

I thought Series 7 would probably be the end but it looks like he's just going to kill it and run it dry! Considering he said he was stopping after series 4, he is milking it!

I did watch the 2nd episode and it was marginally better than the first but still very poor compared to what it used to be.

The programme still gets great ratings so I am sure that as long as this stays the same the advertisers will love it, and ITV will ask Derren to keep on writing.

Sometimes it's better to finish at the top and not flog the dead horse, OFAH anyone?

Can't say I thought much to tonight's episode, very dull in places - the darts match went on a bit too long and the whole Oracle return seemed a bit over the top. It's still quite alright to watch, but if I get the DVDs out of Series 1 & 2 I am crying with laughter but with Series 4+, it's just a few chuckles. They're just not as funny as they were. They will just keep churning this out for the next few years.

I think a major problem with the show is that its characters have become too broad. Everyone now seems to be a parody of a parody. While the show has never been an exemplar of subtlety, this show has been growing more puerile as time wears on.

More mr wong from the Chinese buffet please?

Nice to see Crissy Rock back. Loved the final scene with Johnny Vegas and Joan Collins. Bit better than last weeks episode but far from excellent. Looking forward to seeing John Challis in next week's edition.

Very funny end to the episode. I'm really enjoying the series.