Daily Bull - News Satire writers wanted

Hi there,

Back in early 2013 I set up the Daily Bull, a news satire website. Initially, there was a decent amount of interest from a number of writers and the site built a reasonable audience up quite quickly, but due to other commitments I wasn't able to maintain it and it became fairly dormant.

Anyway, the site somehow still receives up to 1000 views per month and I'm really keen to get it going again. Unfortunately I can't offer any pay at the moment as the site isn't profitable, but if writing this sort of stuff is something you enjoy I'd really appreciate a bit of help!

Feel free to check it out www.dailybull.co.uk and let me know what you think. If you are interested in contributing please use the form on the site via the 'Contribute' section or email me directly: contact(AT)dailybull.co.uk

The site contains a number of sections, from politics to sport. I'm open to suggestions on how it could be improved - all feedback welcome! If you like what you see, please feel free to follow us on Twitter or Facebook to keep updated! www.twitter.com/dailybulluk www.facebook.com/dailybull.co.uk

Many thanks,

Joseph.

Hi Joseph, I'm in a similar situation. My site is thegallows.co.uk, yours looks far more professional however. What package did you use to develop it?
I've not dried up for articles but time is a bit short at present and the website package I used is a bit unfriendly for day to day use.

The main issue is increasing public interest, which I'm finding difficult. What sort of articles are you after? General satire?

Hi Stephen, I checked out your site and love the content! I use WordPress. It's very easy to set up and once you've got it running it will make your site incredibly easy to maintain. Yes I'm after general satire overall. Topical is preferred and I think as the site progresses over time the style will probably become a little more refined.

To anyone else reading this... I have had a few responses so far and am in the process of responding to them all. I really appreciate the interest.

Keep the submissions coming in!

Hello, Joseph.

I've just checked out your site and it looks like no new articles have been uploaded to the website for three weeks.

I'd love to start submitting work to you but I'm not sure how rewarding it would be if your website was to regularly go through bouts of inactivity.

What is the current situation?

Cheers.

I write regularly for thespoof.co.uk
But I fancy a change, I'll write some articles. Where do I submit them to?

Did anyone get round to posting anything for any of these sites?

In any case, I've just set up my own satirical news site... might be a little overpopulated given the current political climate but I have a lot of free time and my contempt for the current government needs an outlet.

http://thespectatorship.wordpress.com/

Hey guys. I'd be very interested in writing satirical news. I did stand up for three years the majority of my material was based on news and events I'd be happy to give it a go. Thanks

Hi there,
I'm very much interested in your website. It looks very professional.I am happy to maintain and edit the website, and also get some ads up to help with site traffic and visitors. I will do this for free for a year, and if I find that the site is a waste of my time, then I will pull out, but I doubt that it will not be. I hope to hear a reply soon!

Lewis offering to work for free, for a year old post may not be the best way to advertise your professionalism.

Hi there,
I'm very much interested in your website. It looks very professional.I am happy to maintain and edit the website, and also get some ads up to help with site traffic and visitors. I will do this for free for a year, and if I find that the site is a waste of my time, then I will pull out, but I doubt that it will be a waste. I hope to hear a reply soon!

@Sootyj, YOU replying to a year-old post might not be the best way of advertising yourself. I thought that this page had an age limit and the way that you are acting at the moment isn't meeting it.

Hi Lewis

You're probably better off either PMing the Daily Bull or using the contribute button on their page.

My advice is always meant with the kindest intentions.

For example randomly offering a year's free work on a forum. Makes it look like you have little faith in your own work.

Best of luck.

SootyJ,

Thank you for the advice and my apologies for earlier.
I do have faith in my work, otherwise we wouldn't have anything good in this world because everyone's afraid of failing. I believe that my work could-and should be heard because I believe that I could make a difference. I just wanted a little noticing.

Thank you wishing me the best of luck.

If that's all true then don't sell it so cheap.

I need to do it for free, because the offer says that it is for no pay. I'm just trying to get myself out there, and everyone seems to have a problem with that.

Check out this pilot from Dead Pigeon News.

https://soundcloud.com/deadpigeonradio/dead-pigeon-news-pilot