Count Arthur Strong - Series 2 (TV)

After a top notch first run back in 2013 on BBC Two, the Count is returning with a new 7-part second series this time on BBC One. It was a shame that the first series didn't attract much of an audience but I really don't see how it will attract a big audience on BBC One in such an awful time slot of 10:35pm of a Tuesday night.

Looking forward to the new series, none the less.

Quote: G180e @ 3rd January 2015, 3:40 PM GMT

After a top notch first run back in 2013 on BBC Two, the Count is returning with a new 7-part second series this time on BBC One. It was a shame that the first series didn't attract much of an audience but I really don't see how it will attract a big audience on BBC One in such an awful time slot of 10:35pm of a Tuesday night.

Looking forward to the new series, none the less.

Ditto and will have to set digi-box as too late for me, which does seem an odd time not unless he is going to start swearing a lot in it? Pleased

That was great!!

Ending was a bit poor..

But on the whole it was a cracker

I enjoyed it also, some of it notably fell a bit flat but not too bad at all, just wished they would put it in a better timeslot.

Had never heard of this show before so no idea it has already had a first series.

Caught yesterday's episode by pure luck and loved it. Very funny and if the rest of the series is as good as last night's episode then I will have to somehow find a way to watch the first series.

Quote: vinny j @ 7th January 2015, 3:34 PM GMT

I will have to somehow find a way to watch the first series.

The DVD would be an obvious starting and finishing point!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/count_arthur_strong/buy/3437/count_arthur_strong_series_1_dvd/

Quote: Aaron @ 7th January 2015, 5:36 PM GMT

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/count_arthur_strong/buy/3437/count_arthur_strong_series_1_dvd/

Do you know whether Series 2 will get a DVD release?

Far too early to say. Quite likely, but it depends on the ratings.

Quote: Aaron @ 7th January 2015, 5:36 PM GMT

Nice and patronising there, thanks for that.

Sorry but not everyone has funds to go out and buy DVDs on a whim.

Quote: vinny j @ 7th January 2015, 5:48 PM GMT

Nice and patronising there, thanks for that.

Sorry but not everyone has funds to go out and buy DVDs on a whim.

Come 'ere and say that.

I'll knock yer block off!

Just watched the first episode and thoroughly enjoyed it! Laugh out loud for me.

Had never heard of this show before so no idea it has already had a first series.

Caught yesterday's episode by pure luck and loved it. Very funny and if the rest of the series is as good as last night's episode then I will have to somehow find a way to watch the first series.

It was on radio before transfer to TV.

Personally I prefer the radio shows but lots of assorted stuff on YouTube.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th January 2015, 5:53 PM GMT

Come 'ere and say that.

I'll knock yer block off!

Mind yer head (clang) on that light fitting.

Series 1 is still available for free streaming on Hulu.com or with the Hulu app and a free account on Android. There are ways to watch it wherever you are, such as the Hola browser add-on for Firefox.

I thought it risible it got overlooked for the BC awards given the crap that was nominated, especially in the newcomer category. Probably the only true sitcom made last year.

Quote: FracturedMirror @ 7th January 2015, 9:57 PM GMT

Series 1 is still available for free streaming on Hulu.com or with the Hulu app and a free account on Android. There are ways to watch it wherever you are, such as the Hola browser add-on for Firefox.

Will look into that FracturedMirror. Many thanks for the infomation, much appreciated.
Cool