Getting hold of scripts

As the title suggests, I'm Trying to get hold of some scripts to check the layout and action etc. Is there anywhere Online that has a plenty of original scripts to read through rather than ones that have been edited to fit into a book. Thanks!

There used to be a small selection available to download at the BBC Writers' Room site, you could see if they're still about.

They also had some simple docs to show you how they wanted live or studio scripts laid out, for both TV and radio - I'd imagine these would be suitable to use for any network...?

bbc writers room is a good place to start. www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/scripts/

Just because it's online doesn't mean it's public domain!

http://gointothestory.blcklst.com/free-script-downloads/ Good place for free, legal screenplays.

To be honest, radio and theatre apart, you won't go far wrong with screenplay format for everything.
I've certainly never had it questioned.

When it comes to layout, Celtx is your friend - perfectly serviceable (free) screenwriting software. Save the document as a PDF and no-one need know if it started life as Final Draft, Celtx or MS Word.

All I can say Jennie is you better have a damn good lawyer suggesting that!

Yes - I would delete that post if I were you. Those legal eagles lurk around forums you know.

Bloody lawyers :)

Quote: Jennie @ 5th January 2015, 7:52 PM GMT

When it comes to layout, Celtx is your friend - perfectly serviceable (free) screenwriting software. Save the document as a PDF and no-one need know if it started life as Final Draft, Celtx or MS Word.

I used to use Celtx and was a very big fan and advocate and friends with the creators but when they changed from a free to subscription based cloud service I lost a lot of my very early work and was totally gutted!

I can't fault the software but it really turned me off using it and risk losing my work.

You'll find some sample script formats on my toolkit web pages: http://www.datahighways.net/dhl/toolkit.htm

Celtix is a tool of the devil himself

It's not actually Scottish Sootyj!

Not a fan of Celtx or scripts submitted as PDFs.

Quote: Mr Writer Like In The Song @ 7th January 2015, 1:14 AM GMT

Not a fan of Celtx or scripts submitted as PDFs.

Why not PDF's?
Stops producers 'editing'.....