Birds of a Feather Series 11 ratings

Hi everyone!

Just having a general chat and looking for opinions. I have been enjoying the new series of Birds so far as I have been a loyal birds fan all my life. I am getting so angry about the crap scheduling ITV have given this series. It has caused the show to lose viewers. The ratings have been very low so far this series over the Christmas period. Last week it clashed with an hour long episode of EastEnders which caused Birds to only get ratings lower than 3 million, which is extremely low compared to the 7+ million ratings it was getting at the beginning of 2014. I also believe Birds will clash with EastEnders again this week too which is so unfair. I really worry when ratings are low as it puts my favourite shows at risk of being axed and I really would not like that to happen to Birds.

I'm surprised they've managed to get 11 series out of it, to be honest. I can't really see it going on for that long now but it does seem quite suited on ITV. A Friday or more mid-week slot may have been better for the new series but it did air in that very same Thursday night slot last year. Who knows? ITV will make their decisions at the end of this run but they will probably renew it as they don't really have many sitcoms on their hands.

ITV will be aware of what shows their programmes are up against and why they may have failed or succeeded against others in the ratings.

Don't forget that they also have ITV+1 and ITV Player, neither of which are included in the figures published so far, AFAIK.

Quote: Richard Saunders @ 3rd January 2015, 7:00 PM GMT

Hi everyone!

Just having a general chat and looking for opinions. I have been enjoying the new series of Birds so far as I have been a loyal birds fan all my life. I am getting so angry about the crap scheduling ITV have given this series. It has caused the show to lose viewers. The ratings have been very low so far this series over the Christmas period. Last week it clashed with an hour long episode of EastEnders which caused Birds to only get ratings lower than 3 million, which is extremely low compared to the 7+ million ratings it was getting at the beginning of 2014. I also believe Birds will clash with EastEnders again this week too which is so unfair. I really worry when ratings are low as it puts my favourite shows at risk of being axed and I really would not like that to happen to Birds.

If only someone would invent some kind of electronic device that allowed you to watch one programme while recording another.

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 5th January 2015, 1:16 PM GMT

If only someone would invent some kind of electronic device that allowed you to watch one programme while recording another.

Wot a Whiz idea, I've got an old Phillips cassette recorder, I wonder if I can do it with that.

Caught the end of this week's one. It seemed quite reasonable to me. It's funny how it is possible to feel affectionate towards things from the past that were once regarded as simply ok. The main three are all pretty good actors and they do come across as being up for it rather than just going through the motions.

I Bloody Hate Birds Of A Feather it is totally Shit I think they should of axed this show along time ago

Quote: george roper @ 14th January 2016, 11:09 AM GMT

I Bloody Hate Birds Of A Feather it is totally Shit I think they should of axed this show along time ago

Aaron will love this post. A work of art on many levels. :D

As Roy used to offer in Catchphrase "Say what you see"

Quote: george roper @ 14th January 2016, 11:09 AM GMT

Don't watch this evening's episode then.

Pleased

Used to watch some of the earlier original series but even back in the day I thought it went on way beyond its sell by date at around the 4th or 5th. It was amusing rather than funny and ok for vegging out to on a sunday evening. Don't think it'll ever be hailed as one of the greats.

Hi, I saw a toaster on a recent BOAF episode, it was in Sharon's kitchen, it was a novelty toaster with old style biscuits all over it, anyone any idea where a person would buy such a thing????
Thanks

It's one of these: http://www.dunelm.com/product/lime-spectrum-4-slice-toaster-1000045679

With an assortment of biscuit-shaped magnets stuck to it.