Rab C Nesbitt

Who here still loves Rab C Nesbitt. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Scotland Scotland Scotland Scotland

Haven't seen Rab C for such a long time but I used to love it. It would be interesting to see it now and see how it sits these days.

Me! Me!! ME!!! ... looking for Series 4 right now, can't track it down anywhere *sobs*

Still sits well with me, although you can appreciate it's dated style.

This was on Paramount, I think, on Tuesday night in a double bill.

Only caught a bit of it and it looked a wee bit dated I thought, but as I say I didn't get a good enough look. If it's on next week I'll have a proper look as I always loved it.

Mind you, it has surely been eclipsed by the totally wonderful "Still Game"

IT'S AMAZIN, JUST SEEN THE HOME EPISODE

I've been a big fan of Rab C since 'Xmas Greet' and taped each series as it was broadcast.
I've watched them several times over the years and I don't think it's dated too badly at all, probably because Rab and Jamesie were walking timewarps in the first place.
The comedy might have been broad but it dealt with some very dark and uncomfortable topics. There was genuine thought put into the script and they didn't resort to the characters just saying 'f#ck' over and over again.

If there's a series I hate, this would be it. I don't even know why, I've never watched a full episode; but every time I see Rab, and he starts babbling away like he does . . . christ. I'm sure it's very good really; but I don't think I'll ever watch it.

Yeah, I'm sure it would be good. But like the typical soft southern nancy I am, I genuinely can't understand a bloody word they say.

Quote: zooo @ October 6 2008, 10:19 PM BST

Yeah, I'm sure it would be good. But like the typical soft southern nancy I am, I genuinely can't understand a bloody word they say.

Well, as a northern nancy, I understand every word.
An' ahm no even Scoattish!
:D

Well, you're closer to them than meee!

Sorry, what?
I can't understand a word you're saying! :D

Oh, how droll.

Why does someone have their arse in his coupon in the first place?
That's surely going to invalidate it.

Quote: zooo @ October 6 2008, 11:35 PM BST

Why does someone have their arse in his coupon in the first place?
That's surely going to invalidate it.

Don't try using logic on me, 'cos it won't work! :D

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 9 2007, 8:47 AM GMT

This was on Paramount, I think, on Tuesday night in a double bill.

Only caught a bit of it and it looked a wee bit dated I thought, but as I say I didn't get a good enough look. If it's on next week I'll have a proper look as I always loved it.

Mind you, it has surely been eclipsed by the totally wonderful "Still Game"

Rab was much funnier than Still Game.

I'm a Rab fan. Recently found a video of it in a country cottage I was renting and still found it funny. Though it also has a certain resonance with me because he reminds me of my dad...