Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 16

Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed the final (?) wedding episode with surprise guests. Tommy Cannon especially.

Excellent! :D

Quote: zooo @ 25th December 2014, 12:02 AM GMT

Good point about Hugh!

Maybe they could start a whole new sitcom about their married life with kids or something. In a posh country village. Lee can be a northern outcast.

Series 7 picked up a bit from the previous two series, but I think it's run its course now. Also, that ending with all the returning cameos was a very 'last episode ever' thing to do. 7 series provides enough episodes not to feel like there should be more.

I'd love to see Lee Mack in a sitcom again, but maybe not this one.

Apparently, Lee Mack wants to do a spin-off series of the show called 'Going Out'.

Whatever he decides to do, he must make sure Tim Vine is in the show. So glad he made a return in the Christmas special.

Where have you heard that?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 31st October 2014, 10:24 PM GMT

Sally Bretton's body double was...yummy!

Sally Bretton is yummy

Not as good as the awesome series 3, but still far superior to other alleged sitcoms (Still Open All Hours-Terrible). A special mention must be made to Geoffrey Whitehead-a superb straight man!

Quote: paulted @ 27th December 2014, 10:55 AM GMT

A special mention must be made to Geoffrey Whitehead-a superb straight man!

Geoffrey Whitehead is a legend.

Quote: paulted @ 27th December 2014, 10:55 AM GMT

Not as good as the awesome series 3, but still far superior to other alleged sitcoms (Still Open All Hours-Terrible). A special mention must be made to Geoffrey Whitehead-a superb straight man!

Series 3 was one of my favourites also, and to me it doesn't make sense that Tim spent 5 series trying to stop Lee and Lucy getting together and suddenly turns up at the wedding completely fine with it

Great bloopers programme, nice touch that it was put together with Lee, Sally & Katie rather than just a only a collection of clips.

I was at the recordings of quite a few of those; the stuck ring on the finger was hilarious with Lee coming out with one liners regarding the size of Sally's hands.

Nice to see Tim in the final episode.

Quote: Anon Umus @ 28th December 2014, 12:47 AM GMT

Great bloopers programme, nice touch that it was put together with Lee, Sally & Katie rather than just a only a collection of clips.

I hated it. I got the feeling they were all "you had to be there" clips. I just thought that most of the episode was a waste of time. I'd hoped for more 'deleted scenes' clips that weren't used in the actual epsiodes.

As you say though, it was nice that the actors presnted them.

Tony

Quote: TonyT @ 28th December 2014, 10:04 AM GMT

I'd hoped for more 'deleted scenes' clips that weren't used in the actual epsiodes.

It's not like a film where they shot loads & loads of stuff and then edit it together (don't use certain scene due to ruining time etc.), they only record the scenes they use and as you saw they lines often (more by Lee) get fluffed.

There maybe some OB footage that may have been left out but that's a small percentage of the show / series.

Maybe those who have been to a recording may appreciate it more, see what other feel

Nice outtakes special, shame the series has come to an end but it is probably for the best as you could see the cracks starting to appear. Can anybody give us a heads up of when Series 7 is expected for a DVD release?

Quote: G180e @ 28th December 2014, 2:13 PM GMT

Nice outtakes special, shame the series has come to an end but it is probably for the best as you could see the cracks starting to appear. Can anybody give us a heads up of when Series 7 is expected for a DVD release?

To be honest I don't think for one second that the show is over, I don't think it would be back until at least 2016 though but I think there has been too much build up between the characters for it to be left there.

Also the series 7 DVD will probably be released in 2015

Quote: Jackamo @ 28th December 2014, 2:38 PM GMT

To be honest I don't think for one second that the show is over, I don't think it would be back until at least 2016 though but I think there has been too much build up between the characters for it to be left there.

Also the series 7 DVD will probably be released in 2015

I agree. He has said he wants to do a family sitcom. Maybe he'll do that now the characters are together.

Quote: ErinT @ 28th December 2014, 4:14 PM GMT

He has said he wants to do a family sitcom. Maybe he'll do that now the characters are together.

Gold star for Erin. :)

Quote: ErinT @ 28th December 2014, 4:14 PM GMT

I agree. He has said he wants to do a family sitcom. Maybe he'll do that now the characters are together.

I remember him saying that as well. I think that if it does come back, it won't be till 2016 due to him taking a break from comedy for some of next year.

If it does come back I'm willing to predict it will be under a spinoff series called "Going Out" as Tommy Griff suggested.