Not Going Out - Series 7 Page 15

Good episode, along with the "Pointless" episode the best 2 of this series.

The banter between Hugh & Lee brought back old memories of Tim & Lee it's a shame that there was not more of that in this series.

I liked that fact it was shot in real time, nice touch and a bit different.

The problem with "Not Going Out" is that it really started on a real high, series 1 & 2 were so good it is hard to keep that level.

It's all in the expectation, it therefore it can only disappoint.

I do hope it continues as it's still one of the best sitcoms on at the present.

Re Me

Quote: Anon Umus @ 23rd December 2014, 8:43 PM GMT

the "Pointless" episode

Bleh. I thought that one was probably the single worst of the entire seven series.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/not-going-out-end-christmas-4866799

This is what Lee has said today that Not Going Out COULD be ending tomorrow after the Christmas special.

He also said in a radio interview a month or so ago that he is taking a break from comedy in 2015. He didn't specify how long this will be but from the sounds of it, it could be for a lot of 2015. He also said that he could possibly pick NGO up again at the end of next year which is what he also hints at in the article.

So from what it looks like it is 50/50 whether it will come back or not but if there is a series 8 it is likely it won't be until 2016 at the earliest.

So enjoy the Christmas special and from then on we will have to wait and see what happens.

Perhaps there will be a Christmas special next year instead of a series? Although, judging from Mack's comments, I anticipate it coming back in 2017, if it all.

Quote: Dave @ 24th December 2014, 11:34 AM GMT

Perhaps there will be a Christmas special next year instead of a series? Although, judging from Mack's comments, I anticipate it coming back in 2017, if it all.

I am also looking forward to tonight's special, I am treating it as the last ever episode. I doubt whether they could do an 8th series, I think maybe this is the right time to wrap up the show for good.

A lovely ending to the series. So great to see guest appearances from previous characters and even better to see Tim make a return.

Quote: G180e @ 24th December 2014, 10:16 PM GMT

A lovely ending to the series. So great to see guest appearances from previous characters and even better to see Tim make a return.

Oh yes it was great wasn't it I actually nearly cheered when Tim turned up and loved all the previous characters turning up a bit clichéd to start with but made up for it

I actually did cheer when Tim arrived! What a fantastic ending to a brilliant series. Perhaps a new sitcom classic...?

Quote: Aaron @ 24th December 2014, 11:22 PM GMT

I actually did cheer when Tim arrived! What a fantastic ending to a brilliant series. Perhaps a new sitcom classic...?

Surely you already knew months ago that Tim was returning, Aaron?

I was surprised that nobody who went to that recording actually let slip that Tim returned.

No, I did not.

Good episode all round, I think. I think it's kinda neat that usually Lee gets everyone else into trouble, yet the only one who can get him into trouble is his own dad. Runs in the family!

Great to see Tim return - and good to show there were no hard feelings about him leaving.

It did feel like that was the end, though.

It would be interesting, hypothetically, to see Lee cope with responsibility. Perhaps if it did come back in three or four years, they would have a child of maybe six and we would see Lee confronting teachers and school and other kids' parents etc.

Also...no Hugh Dennis at the wedding? He was the reason it happened!

Good point about Hugh!

Maybe they could start a whole new sitcom about their married life with kids or something. In a posh country village. Lee can be a northern outcast.

Quote: Aaron @ 24th December 2014, 11:22 PM GMT

The person I was watching the episode with is a massive Tim vine fan and loudly cheered when Tim arrived I very nearly did just a shame he couldn't had done series 6 and 7 but never the less a nice surprise appearance and a good way to hopefully end the show

Hi all, new to the forum but being a long term visitor.

Big Not Going Out fan, one of my fave sitcoms of all time. Just finished watching tonights episode and thought I would offer my views.

Series 1-5 were simply fantastic, not a single poor episode amoung them, series 6 lost it's magic somewhat with the departure of Tim Vine and was a tad hit and miss. Still some cracking episodes however.

Series 7 not the best, perhaps more miss than hit, but once I have re-watched the series I may well change that opinion. Did so with series 6.

But the last episode was imho one of the best of not just Not Going Out's run but all sitcoms. Very funny from start to finish and what a magical ending.

Seeing Tommy Cannon was a real treat but then to see a return of Tim was simply wonderful.

Then all the guest cameo's from past characters was a real nice treat and rounded of the final episode off just perfectly. If it is to be the last ever (and I hope it won't be) then what a way to bale out.

10 out of 10 I would say.

Was expecting Hugh and his wife to be there, did find that a bit odd. Plus if there was anything that could make such a fantastic ending even better would have been an appearance of Megan Dobbs and Miranda Hart. But we can't have it all can we.

Quote: G180e @ 24th December 2014, 11:27 PM GMT

Surely you already knew months ago that Tim was returning, Aaron?

I was surprised that nobody who went to that recording actually let slip that Tim returned.

We went to see the "Lucy" episode being recorded and it was an amazing night. As it was recorded in real time, they allowed us to see the last 15mins of the Christmas Special.

It's been bloody hard not to tell anyone about the endings seeing as we saw it in July.