Psychobitches - Series 2

After enjoying series one I'm currently watching series two on Sky Arts 1. It's a really clever show and both the writing, concepts and performances are fantastic. However, it's missing something somehow. What are other's views?

I love it. I suppose it can feel a bit disjointed or disconnected sometimes? Maybe as it's all set in one room you somehow expect more of a storyline rather than a series of sketches. I don't know.

It's all so beautifully shot, I loved the mix of black and white and colour Hitchcock women.
Also loved seeing a rare bit of Jeremy Dyson as one of the mini men in the Bronte dream sequence.

I guess so, it can be a bit claustrophobic at times, athough I notice that they're using the waiting room more and more. I agree about the shots - they're amazing. All of the actors are fantastic in it - Samantha Spiro and Sharon Horgan are my personal favourites. I can't think why I don't laugh more? Perhaps Mr BN needs to tickle me at five minute intervals throughout?

Well you could TRY it.
Spiro and Horgan are amaaazing. I also love Michelle Gomez and weird old Morgana Robinson.
Oh and Katy Brand. I wish they did more inexplicably small people.

Do you have any links for streaming Psychobitches outside the UK? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

I have a feeling that you may have to wait until the DVD is released, unless my more tech-savvy fellow posters know something I don't?

Loved it. Well, loved everything with the notable exception of Jack Whitehall, of course.

Too much Rebecca Front everywhere.

This sketch show from 2014 is about to be repeated on Sky Arts.

Interestingly, BCG management have not, over the last several years, edited the title of this thread in order to avoid offending sensitive readers.

Personally, I am entirely un-offended by the title "Psychobitches" but, as we all know, one can never be too careful in this modern day and age.

The Radio Times will not print the title in full and instead prints "Psychob*****s".

Even Sky's own TV Guide names it "Psychob*****s".

NowTV's website names it "Psychob*****s".

The TV Guide on Virgin Media names it "Psychob...".

With censorship like this in 2020, I'm wondering how long it will be before the nation's broadcasters start pixellating piano legs.

I remember Psychobitches being a bit of a mixed bag frustratingly, but there were enough good sketches to keep watching.

If the problem with sketch shows is that they're too expensive, though, then wouldn't it make sense to try different approaches like this more often?

The series is a monument to female comedy talent.

There are some very funny women comedians and comedy actors around if only the powers that be would take the trouble to seek them out and employ them.

Just look at Princess Margaret on "Psychobitches" - marvellous, marvellous comedy acting!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th April 2020, 2:45 PM

Interestingly, BCG management have not, over the last several years, edited the title of this thread in order to avoid offending sensitive readers.

BCG management treats it users as adults.

A brilliant series that is well deserving of much wider audience and recognition.

I've just watched Episode 2 and it's certainly one of the funniest, most intelligent and most original comedy shows I've ever seen.

I can't imagine how I missed this first time around and, equally, I can't imagine why I haven't heard it mentioned again and again in comedy discussions on TV between then and now.

It really is remarkably good!

I'm currently watching episode 4 of the excellent "Psychobitches" but I'm rather taken aback by the blatant nicking of comedy material used in the Lucrezia Borgia sketch.

In this particular episode, Rebecca Front (peeping through a spy hole) is watching Lucrezia Borgia pouring two goblets of wine and slyly poisoning one of the goblets.

Understandably keen not to be poisoned, Rebecca makes up quite a complicated little rhyme to remind herself which of the goblets is poisoned.

It's very funny but it's a blatant theft from "The Court Jester" - a Danny Kaye film from 1955.