The Unforgettable Yootha Joyce

A repeat of Yootha Joyce's 2001 edition of this series was listed in Radio Times for screening by ITV on afternoon of 26 October 2014, but I think I'm correct in saying it was substituted with a Kenneth Williams edition from this same series. Does anyone know why Yooth's edition was not shown, and whether we can expect it to be re-scheduled in the foreseeable future?

Brian

Who knows with TV these days - they are a law unto themselves. Viewers come last.

A broadcast of the Kenneth Williams episode was indeed shown on the 26th.

Yootha's episode was last broadcast in April. Perhaps its scheduling was an oversight and they replaced it upon realising it had been on relatively recently. (But then, today's was Joan Sims, which was last shown in May.)

There does not appear to be any order or reason to their repeat scheduling, so it could be on at any time.

Thanks Hercules and Aaron for your responses. I wonder if someone at ITV got cold feet that there were maybe politically incorrect references in clips from sitcoms of her heyday.

I agree there doesn't seem to be much logic in the order of re-runs of the 'Unforgettable' series. Has the the Beryl Reid edition from Series 2 (yr 2000) ever been repeated? Is the legendary Beryl really such a forgotten name by today's programme planners? However, I was please to catch the Joan Sims edition yesterday, which I'd missed previously.

Brian

I don't think it's ever been repeated. Ever. It's the only episode I don't have a copy of. Poor Beryl - what a legend.

Quote: Brian Henson @ 24th November 2014, 12:14 PM GMT

Thanks Hercules and Aaron for your responses. I wonder if someone at ITV got cold feet that there were maybe politically incorrect references in clips from sitcoms of her heyday.

I agree there doesn't seem to be much logic in the order of re-runs of the 'Unforgettable' series. Has the the Beryl Reid edition from Series 2 (yr 2000) ever been repeated? Is the legendary Beryl really such a forgotten name by today's programme planners?

Brian

Believe there was a Funny Ladies episode about her and no doubt several radio docs about her. I remember that the Spitting Image Queen Mum was based on her.

I believe that Beryl hasn't been repeated because some of the content is now deemed unsuitable for a daytime slot. Nothing to do with her popularity!