Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Page 5

He was at the Newcastle game the other day, sitting with Sting.

He didn't look too well. His mouth was hanging open all the time like an old man who's had a stroke.

30th Anniversary reunion is available to buy on DVD now, I will probably get it after Christmas.

See Amazon product listing

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th December 2013, 3:50 PM GMT

He was at the Newcastle game the other day, sitting with Sting.

He didn't look too well. His mouth was hanging open all the time like an old man who's had a stroke.

Jimmy Nail :O No! I love him. I know he had a problem with the booze years ago, but I thought he was fine at the moment. What is wrong with his health?

Just watching the final Special which I managed to get on DVD just after Christmas.

Talking about the Orient Express after Oz got some schrapnel in his bum

"I couldn't shag on a moving train - not with this arse."

Can Aaron not make a guide?

Watcvhing on Drama.

Oz's wife: "I've often thought about leaving Oz. The only thing is he has to be there for you to leave him!"

Some great comments about Pet, it really was one of the best series of the 80's.
The newer series back in the early to mid 00's weren't and were never going to top what the created first time round, but looking back and watching them now, they tower above the nonsense they make these days.

It's now a time of making money before quality, except for a couple of shows that I watch.

Bring back the 80's quality of channel quantity any day!

I just love the formula.

Good, believable characters. Good almost believable storylines with a great deal of reality humour.

Quote: aufpet @ 13th November 2014, 7:45 PM GMT

Some great comments about Pet, it really was one of the best series of the 80's.
The newer series back in the early to mid 00's weren't and were never going to top what the created first time round, but looking back and watching them now, they tower above the nonsense they make these days.

It's now a time of making money before quality, except for a couple of shows that I watch.

Bring back the 80's quality of channel quantity any day!

I'd just like to say I'm big fan of your site. Totally agree with all of your comments but I am still quite a fan of modern comedies but Pet is definitely in my top 5 favourite TV series of all time. For me, Series 2 was the best but I love and own all 4 series, The Special and The 30th Anniversary DVD. Top notch comedy-drama classic!

Thoroughly enjoyed AWP series 1 and 2, however the subsequent ones shown on BBC twenty plus year later were a mere shadow - Oz's character wasn't totally different and seemed to have had a personality transplant: Jimmy Nail may have become cultured in the intervening time but I'm sure Oz wouldn't have done!

I think they're being repeated on Drama or Yesterday these days.

Quote: gb901 @ 5th April 2017, 12:11 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed AWP series 1 and 2, however the subsequent ones shown on BBC twenty plus year later were a mere shadow - Oz's character wasn't totally different and seemed to have had a personality transplant: Jimmy Nail may have become cultured in the intervening time but I'm sure Oz wouldn't have done!

I agree but compared to some other comedy dramas they're still much better.

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet Series 1 is the best ever...inspirational and more or less timeless as most of it was filmed on the building site or in the hut or bar.
Every character a star.
But I've always wondered if they used Ronnie Wood as Gary Holton's body double when he tragically died...as they were mates. Maybe I should check the credits as I've had the DVD for years.

Remember the aggressive loser who moves into their shed in the first series? He's also the loser aspiring cab driver in The Knowledge. Top acting in both.

Was that Michael Elphick?