Nanowrimo Project

Hey Y'all,
I've decided to do Nanowrimo this year, and to keep me motivated I'm adding a 1000 words a day to the excert in the naive hope that someone might actually read it. As such if anyone wants to take a look at it and give feedback/compliments/abuse/a publishing deal the link is here:

http://nanowrimo.org/participants/deathbymonkey/novels/a-very-public-assassination

Do remember this is first draft so by no means is it any of the excerts final copy. However feedback would be great. If anyone wants to send me their Nanowrimo link I'd be happy to give motivation pep-talks to them until December ends this insanity.

You need 1,666.66666 words a day.

I plan to do it but haven't started yet.

What is nanowiromio I've read the site and I still don't get it at all.

I know, I'm writing more than 1000 words but I'm only uploading a 1000 words a day

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd November 2014, 10:20 PM GMT

What is nanowiromio I've read the site and I still don't get it at all.

You've ben around long enough sooty!

50,000 word novel in a month - National Novel Writing Month.

The idea is you hammer out the word count without fiddling about with rewrites.

Then at the end of the month you should have a fairly good basis to work on.

And what do you do then? I mean is that it you just type 50,000 words because you couldn't find any other way of inspiring your self/

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd November 2014, 10:30 PM GMT

And what do you do then?

Scramble it and submit it for authentification.

I mean is that it you just type 50,000 words because you couldn't find any other way of inspiring your self/

Yes!

And what do you do then? I mean is that it you just type 50,000 words because you couldn't find any other way of inspiring your self/

It's basically a company that set itself to inspire people to write. But being a known brand it's actually quite valuable for online networking. That's what I'm using it for this year, but also as a distracting side project from my other work.

But how do you network, I mean who reads all these 50,000 word books.
It just sounds like a version of hell Dante would have invented if he'd heard about Kindle publishing.

No idea. I just needed something to give me a kick up the arse.

I'm doing NaNoWriMo, too. My imaginatively titled username is matt_fishwick http://nanowrimo.org/participants/matt_fishwick

Hope people's writing is going well.

I'm signed up too - but only today as it didn't work when I tried at the weekend.

Your pen didn't work, Jane? Your paper failed to operate? Angry

I've managed to write in the line:
"To this day he gets an erection every time Jack Klugman walks on screen"
into my #NaNoWriMo

I'm very proud of this peice of work

I thought I'd post on here rather than start a new thread.

I decided to have a go again this year. I did it a couple of times some years ago but haven't managed it recently.

Anyway I started today and have just exceeded the daily average word count. Obviously there will be tmes in the month that I don't reach it so I'm going to have another go in a minute - just so that I'll be in credit.