Is your name a description by the way?

Quote: Marc P @ 27th September 2014, 10:31 PM BST

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6551598848/h07F8CBA3/

:D

Quote: Marc P @ 27th September 2014, 10:34 PM BST

That was TWINS Richardas.

Is your name a description by the way?

What do you mean?

There are only two kinds of writers and you are alienating both in your approach.

A writer is either 'busy' or 'not busy.' You can hire a busy writer but the money has to be very attractive or a production already with some kind of traction so they see a big credit at the end of their labour.

Those that are not busy do not need as a big an incentive but something structured and easy to understand so they can place a value on their time and worth.

"Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it."

Writers do not lack ideas they lack sustenance and rent money. If you want to recruit one that is your lead in.

You sound like you are organised and determined on this, so why not create a budget for someone to write an outline. Ask for samples of their own work, give them a brief and some sample characters - set a deadline, for a submission and some nominal rewrites. 1 week.

You could probably get a draft for as little as 200 quid. But if you don't believe your project is worth 200 or that a writers time is worth 200 then you are not going to progress any further than the abstract witticisms of what this thread has turned into.

I don't know you so please don't take this personally, it's not a comment on you only the approach you have laid out, and I mean it only as sincere practical advice

Thanks for your notes, it makes a sense. I was about to do what you're talking about.

Quote: Richardas Vitkus @ 27th September 2014, 10:47 PM BST

What do you mean?

Break it into three words. I guess there is a comedy/language schism here which may not be helpful. Sorry.

Rich Hard Ass. A hard ass is a tough guy.

Quote: Marc P @ 29th September 2014, 4:31 PM BST

Break it into three words. I guess there is a comedy/language schism here which may not be helpful. Sorry.

Rich Hard Ass. A hard ass is a tough guy.

English is my 3rd language. Sometimes I need to work hard to express my thoughts in proper English. So, when you use a bit tricky one it's another barrier to overcome.

Quote: some yoke @ 29th September 2014, 4:13 PM BST

You could probably get a draft for as little as 200 quid.

:O

Kwak special reserve!

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th September 2014, 5:48 PM BST

:O

We have the draft with the pilot episode!

I have been strongly advised by the representative at one of the production companies to get the agent if I wish to go any further. Sent an email to the agent in London who advised to get the recommendation from producer, development executive, or literary manager at any of theaters.

Anyone here to advise me on recommendation?

Thanks

Why don't you ask the representative at the production company to recommend you?

There's no point in going to producers, development executives or theatre literary managers for a recommendation if you haven't actually worked with them.

Or plan B: Query a few more agents and tell them you have a commission with a production company. You shouldn't have any trouble securing representation.

++++EDIT++++
Oh, sorry. I read your post wrong. You haven't actually got a commission. But it does look like you have interest from a production company which should whet an agent's interest.