Second chance comedy? Page 2

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 19th October 2014, 6:21 PM BST

Interesting thread. I'm so glad that the peeps on BCG persuaded me to give '15 Storeys High' another try because it was truly excellent. I was also a latecomer to Friends, but watched all 256 episodes in series order years later. I cannot get into Green Wing, Big Train, Vic and Bob and Flight of the Conchords however hard I try.

It took me a couple of tries to get into Big Train. Possibly my favourite sketch show now.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 19th October 2014, 11:45 PM BST

It took me a couple of tries to get into Big Train. Possibly my favourite sketch show now.

I may give it another try then. I did enjoy the long-running sketch concerning the boss who kept leaving the country to avoid his employees' demands.

I still can't decide whether the protracted stare-out competition sketches on Big Train are hilarious or just irritating.

I did that with Carry On England.Hated it first time around then 2nd time round I loved it a treasure. I think it was because most of the regular cast wasn't some died.That was a disappointment but still hilarious to watch.

Quote: Rupe @ 30th October 2014, 3:12 PM GMT

I still can't decide whether the protracted stare-out competition sketches on Big Train are hilarious or just irritating.

That was pretty much the only recurring sketch. They had a few 'runners' (sketches that recur but only throughout a single episode) and I think the stare out should have been one of them.

Simon Pegg not being able to open doors, the man with a severe phobia of spoons and 1970s style fight at a dinner party were highlights for me. Also Ming the Merciless in hospital, Pegg's line 'Your sister's nice' had me crying with laughter.