Newsjack - Series 11 Page 19

...and joint one liner submissions sent too.... :)

week 5 submissions:

Man Flu sketch

Spider sketch

(I expanded and hopefully improved an unsuccessful spider-related ad from a couple weeks back - they have more than one reader, right?)

30sec Ad on FB's frozen egg program

(myself and how many thousands of others...)

Our sketches were:

Queen visits poppies at the Tower

Low interest rates

Waitrose spider (mini)

The fact that you and Viv have got a writing team together seems to show it needs to be a partnership of equals. Are you going to write for NewsRevue or Writers Room?

I'm still relatively new here so please excuse what is obviously a stupid question, but does Newsjack pay?

Quote: JoDee @ 22nd October 2014, 12:27 AM BST

I'm still relatively new here so please excuse what is obviously a stupid question, but does Newsjack pay?

Yes, Newsjack does pay.

£20 each for Breaking News or TV Listings
£40 a minute for sketches.

Quote: Bonzo @ 21st October 2014, 6:33 PM BST

Our sketches were:

Queen visits poppies at the Tower

Low interest rates

Waitrose spider (mini)

I'd be interested in hearing about your process for co-writing.
How do you agree on an idea?
Do you write together in person? Or does one do the first draft and the other rewrites?

Quote: Matt Fishwick @ 22nd October 2014, 8:06 AM BST

£20 each for Breaking News or TV Listings
£40 a minute for sketches.

Surely a sketch is more than twice as hard to write as Breaking News or TV Listings? No wonder they have very few sketches subbed compared to one liners.

I found the last episode to be the most enjoyable of the series so far, which interestingly co-incides with it seeming to have the most contributions from BCG members.

I'd be interested in hearing about your process for co-writing.
How do you agree on an idea?
Do you write together in person? Or does one do the first draft and the other rewrites?
[/quote]

Hi Matt, I guess it'd different for everyone. We each come up with material and then send it to each other. We then edit each others work. For the one liners we did the same and chose our favourite 6 breaking news and 3 TV.
I think it's a good way of working because the other person makes the sketch better through editting it.
:)

Quote: Bonzo @ 22nd October 2014, 1:58 PM BST

Hi Matt, I guess it'd different for everyone. We each come up with material and then send it to each other. We then edit each others work. For the one liners we did the same and chose our favourite 6 breaking news and 3 TV.
I think it's a good way of working because the other person makes the sketch better through editting it.
:)

From my experience that's the best method

Quote: Nogget @ 22nd October 2014, 1:44 PM BST

I found the last episode to be the most enjoyable of the series so far, which interestingly co-incides with it seeming to have the most contributions from BCG members.

I totally agree. I thought last week was excellent.
And you can say piss and prick now so that's good.

Mike.

I just got the good email, second credit of the series for me :)

Well done! I got the good email, too. Didn't submit any sketches this week because I've been busy but managed to rattle up the full compliment of one-liners.

Good luck everyone

Me also! Had no inspiration so didn't submit any sketches and was struggling on the one-liners and listings but got a couple of reasonable ones in.

Well done everyone!
Nothing for us this week.
Next week is week 6!! Where did that go???