Newsjack - Series 11 Page 18

Quote: Mike Yeoman @ 16th October 2014, 8:08 PM BST

This whole writing game's an odd one really. You can submit something that you think is 100% magic and not hear a thing. Then you can have an awful time trying to get something down and then find out you've been given the wink!

Yes, that's exactly what it's like ;)

Yep. I found nothing I thought was joke worthy this week, all too depressing. Almost didn't bother submitting, only had one TV thing, and no shows for all of last weeks absolute crackers made me less than enthusiastic. And here we are, in. Go figure.

It was the same last time I got on too.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 16th October 2014, 8:44 PM BST

Yep. I found nothing I thought was joke worthy this week, all too depressing. Almost didn't bother submitting, only had one TV thing, and no shows for all of last weeks absolute crackers made me less than enthusiastic. And here we are, in. Go figure.

It was the same last time I got on too.

Then it looks like we've got the secret of success. Either think your work is worthless or just be ill!
;)

Does anyone know what the Newsjack Writer's Twitter List is as well? I gave my twitter account detail last series and I'm not sure what their using it for. I was expecting them to maybe follow me or something?

Well done everyone who got on!

I didn't submit this week because I was working on another project... getting a new boiler installed.

Enjoyed this week's show.

So which bits did people on here write?

Mine was the last gag of the show. Which made me spend most of the second half thinking the you're in email was a mistake.

They used two of my gags, which was a nice surprise. I did one about ebola being played by the flu and one about pooing in the shower.

One of mine was the last joke of the opening section, Steve, which I took as a compliment. So I reckon you should be pretty chuffed about that.

Quote: notjosh @ 17th October 2014, 2:13 PM BST

They used two of my gags, which was a nice surprise. I did one about ebola being played by the flu and one about pooing in the shower.

One of mine was the last joke of the opening section, Steve, which I took as a compliment. So I reckon you should be pretty chuffed about that.

Good gags, the pair of them, well done indeed.

I got two in as well; the first one in the first breaking news section about Brooks Newmark and pictures of his genitals and also the one about narcolepsy and sleeps til Christmas.

Well pleased.

Well done all who got on this week & good luck for next week.

Nothing for me this week. Well done everyone!

Did anyone go to the recording? Had something performed and cut and curious to know what it was.

It was either a sketch about the Apprentice giving out harder challenges or the UN bullying Turkey to send in troops against ISIS

Well done to those who got on, or nearly got on, last week. A bumper crop from BCG so we're getting better at it as the series goes on. And the one-liners from people submitted here were some of my favourites.

Right onto Ep5!

we've done a joint submission again this week - good luck everyone! :)