Mock The Week - Series 13 Page 2

This series started off well but after Frankie Boyle's departure it's down right down the pan. The female panellists are all dire as are all the younger male 'comedians'. And is there anyone more smug and knowing than Chris Addison? OK, James Corden probably but it's close. Time not to have a 14th series.

I haven't seen Addison on it for months.
And I always find Sara Pascoe and Katherine Ryan the funniest people on there when they appear.

Quote: Alexei Q @ 2nd October 2014, 10:12 AM BST

This series started off well but after Frankie Boyle's departure it's down right down the pan. The female panellists are all dire as are all the younger male 'comedians'. And is there anyone more smug and knowing than Chris Addison? OK, James Corden probably but it's close. Time not to have a 14th series.

I wasn't quite sure about your point but having recently watched some of the Boyle-era episodes on Dave, you're absolutely right.

The guests these days are either unfunny right-on females (Susan Calman, Katherine Ryan), overexposed escapees from other panel shows (Rob Beckett, Romesh Ranganathan) or Dara O'Briain's mates (Ed Byrne, Chris Addison). What little political content there is is little more than a UKIP/Tories bashing exercise and - Gary Delaney and Milton Jones apart - the comedians offer little originality and invention.

Time to knock it on the head, I think.

What's right-on about them?

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 6th October 2014, 1:22 PM BST

Gave up watching it at least three years ago - too samey and rehearsed each week, and too much of f**king twat features Russell Howard.

Oh Hercules, you charmer!

Quote: Aaron @ 6th October 2014, 2:12 PM BST

Oh Hercules, you charmer!

Well, he's a waste of space.

A waste of space who hasn't been on MTW in what, three years now?

We all know that panel shows are scripted, but it's just too obvious with this one.

Quote: radiat10n @ 6th October 2014, 8:48 PM BST

A waste of space who hasn't been on MTW in what, three years now?

Umm, and what did I say?

"Gave up watching it at least three years ago"

I might start watching it again then...........nah.

Quote: beaky @ 6th October 2014, 9:00 PM BST

We all know that panel shows are scripted, but it's just too obvious with this one.

Absolutely - No one is that smart with the quick quips and jokes.

Quote: zooo @ 6th October 2014, 1:34 PM BST

What's right-on about them?

It's right-on to place a woman on a TV comedy show purely because of her gender rather than because she's funny.

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 6th October 2014, 1:22 PM BST

I wasn't quite sure about your point but having recently watched some of the Boyle-era episodes on Dave, you're absolutely right.

The guests these days are either unfunny right-on females (Susan Calman, Katherine Ryan), overexposed escapees from other panel shows (Rob Beckett, Romesh Ranganathan) or Dara O'Briain's mates (Ed Byrne, Chris Addison). What little political content there is is little more than a UKIP/Tories bashing exercise and - Gary Delaney and Milton Jones apart - the comedians offer little originality and invention.

So you don't like the majority of the male comedians who are on the show but you don't want the producers to try some female comedians?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 15th October 2014, 1:56 PM BST

So you don't like the majority of the male comedians who are on the show but you don't want the producers to try some female comedians?

It's not that I don't like the male comedians, it's that too many of them are lazy and make little effort to come up with original and intelligent responses. At the moment MTW resembles the last days of They Think It's All Over, with the regulars just going through the motions and the guests having nothing new to say.

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 15th October 2014, 12:52 PM BST

It's right-on to place a woman on a TV comedy show purely because of her gender rather than because she's funny.

So you think the bookers are right-on rather than the women themselves?

Quote: Basil Rathbon @ 16th October 2014, 12:17 PM BST

It's not that I don't like the male comedians, it's that too many of them are lazy and make little effort to come up with original and intelligent responses. At the moment MTW resembles the last days of They Think It's All Over, with the regulars just going through the motions and the guests having nothing new to say.

So, perhaps by booking different acts who're not quite so massively overexposed, say, some female comedians, they might shake it up a little and make it a bit more original and less lazy?