New Idea

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a script writer for new project (the series) within British Railway industry. I came to an idea about two years ago, and it doesn't leave me in peace. So, I have decided to get it done and would be happy to share it further with those who are interested.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Richardas

Hello Richardas

Can you tell us a bit more about this project from a writing point of view? Is this to be a sitcom or sketch show or a comedy drama?

Can you mention more about the idea? I respect that you may wish to keep certain elements private but there must be something you can say about the concept to try and catch someones interest.

Are you proposing a partnership so that you write this with another person or are you looking for someone to write it for you? I'm not certain but your post seemed to me to suggest the second one. If this idea has been niggling you for two years now have you tried to write it yourself or have you made any notes or outline for the idea? You mention 'series' so does this mean you you want to write say, six full episodes or just start with a pilot?

It would also be useful to know more about you. What type of writing do you do and what work have you done previously? What are your inspirations comedy wise, what are your favourite sitcoms, what sort of comedy do you dislike?

What are your strengths and weaknesses? are you a great joke maker, are you best at plots, do you like to pace the room thinking up crazy ideas or do you prefer to be at the keyboard doing the actual writing?

I just think if you put a lot more about all the above then readers are going to have a lot more information available so that they can make a decision on whether to contact you.

Good luck! :)

Looks interesting to me as I've worked on the railways too and have some ideas.

Sorry for a such la te respond.

My idea is to create TV series called "The Depot", similar to "The Office". The audience is taken to an area with which they are unfamiliar, the train service depot in London. The UK Railway system is the oldest in the world, formed over 150 years ago, and has its own peculiarities. British Railways is one of those industries where the majority of staff dedicates decades of their lifetime to the business, progressing from one generation to the next, from parents to their children, and grandchildren, between relatives and their friends, and so forth. These days you might see it as one big middle class family with special, and often quite complicated, characters, very interesting to observe. Its spirit is unique and very different to anything I have experienced in my own life. From former lecturers to former military people; from English to Irish, from Jamaica to Eastern Europe; different mentalities and cultures, they are friends and enemies, or simply there, keeping themselves to themselves. There is happiness and sadness, comedy and drama, all in one place. It's the Depot, London, United Kingdom.

I am not a script writer, and do not intend to be one. - life is too short to learn everything. But I have a good idea and would be able to provide material for this project which I believe could do very well as a series in the TV industry. I am looking forward to finding the right script writer(s) who would be interested in working on this project so, if you think you are the one, please get in touch.

A bit about myself; I am Lithuanian, have a background in history of music, theatre and film. Back in Lithuania I was involved in many music projects as a song writer, singer, music producer and senior administrator at one of the theatres in Vilnius. Since moving to the UK in 2005 I have lived in a number of different areas, including east, central and west London, Hampshire and Surrey, and had many different jobs; I have worked in restaurants and factories, spent four and a half years working for a private medical insurance company (customer services and finance) in Farnham, Surrey, had a part time job in Chariots as their saunas manager, before joining British Railway, for whom I still work, in 2011. I am also a director and co-founder of a new project (tech start-up) which will reach fuition in just a few months time. Besides all the above I keep moving towards music and film, the passion and creative ideas that have led me all the way since I was a teen.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Richardas

you remind me of my great aunt, Susan. She was insane too.