Big School - Series 2 Page 3

Mr Pedant here - something along the lines of "the engineer has come to replace the ink in the photocopier". EH-ER!

Photocopiers use toner, not ink - that's for scan or litho printers.

Also dealing in this area for over 20 years, have never seen a photocopier "engineer" that looks as though he's an out of work hippie that just happened to have wandered into the school to use the toilet.

Last week's episode with Ofsted was hilarious. I was literally crying with laughter when they made it look like the inspector had the drugs! Shame it's been taken off this week due to Strictly!

Quote: G180e @ 23rd September 2014, 8:46 PM BST

Last week's episode with Ofsted was hilarious. I was literally crying with laughter when they made it look like the inspector had the drugs! Shame it's been taken off this week due to Strictly!

Well, you're seeing summat in it that I'm clearly missing. :(

I loved the misrehearsed scene about bullying in the Ofsted episode:
- Miss, I need to tell you something.
- Bullied, you're being bullied!
- I'm being bullied.

Watched it for the first time this week and enjoyed it.

Lots of OTT from Walliams but that's what we love and expect.

And having hated The Catherine Tate Show I think she's good in this - and dare I say - very fanciable.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th September 2014, 10:07 AM BST

Mr Pedant here -

Also dealing in this area for over 20 years, have never seen a photocopier "engineer" that looks as though he's an out of work hippie that just happened to have wandered into the school to use the toilet.

At least you can't accuse them of lazy stereotypes.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2014, 9:51 PM BST

Watched it for the first time this week and enjoyed it.

Lots of OTT from Walliams but that's what we love and expect.

And having hated The Catherine Tate Show I think she's good in this - and dare I say - very fanciable.

At least you can't accuse them of lazy stereotypes.

OK, but "Photocopiers use toner, not ink - that's for scan or litho printers." is just laziness.

And yes, Catherine looks rather tasty in this. Lovey

Let's drift away from Catherine, for a second. Last week's episode was again brilliant like the rest of the series. This show is currently one of my faves!

Quote: G180e @ 7th October 2014, 7:41 PM BST

Let's drift away from Catherine, for a second. Last week's episode was again brilliant like the rest of the series. This show is currently one of my faves!

Yes, fine..........and now let's drift back if you don't mind that is. ;)

Hey, it's Betty from SMDAE!!

Excellent finish to an excellent series. Lovely to see an appearance from Michelle Dotrice and I hope to see a 3rd series next year!

I loved this Series 2. The writing was tighter, the cast was not so disjointed as Series 1 was, and overall I thought the jokes were funnier and less juvenile. I thought that Tate did a far better job in her character than last series and some familiar faces as guests throughout. I enjoyed that there were more student interactions since, last series, the students were just this anonymous blob of bodies used as props.

If I have to be critical about something it would be that some of the supporting staff were underused. Joanna Scanlan I think had more lines in just one episode of last series than the entirety of this years'. But, then with a faculty you're bound to have some characters that won't be utilised. I just think it's a waste to have an actress like Scanlan just there as filler.

I have to get caught up on Bad Education but I have a feeling that Big School might beat out Jack Whitehall.